“Sweet breaks”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Holbox Island
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open from Wednesday to Sunday(in low season) and every day (in high season). Only in the morning Schedule : from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, a very charming place where you can feel like in France having a breakfast with a baguette, a croissant and much more...We are pet friendly! = )Annual closure: october.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The cakes and croissants are so good for a little place on an Island. The friendly staff made sure we had all we needed and we returned twice during our stay. Try it if you come visit.

Maeva30, Propietario at Le Jardin Panaderia/Cafeteria, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thanks for the review Mark, it was very nice of you to took a little of your time to write something about us. Kisses from Holbox, hasta pronto!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I made a point to search our Le Jardin and I am glad I did. Arrival was a little late in the morning, probably 9am and the selection was still pretty good. I'm sure if I had been a little earlier there would have been a few more delacasies to choose from. My croissant was perfectly delicious, my wife enjoyed her quiche (generous portion I must say). The coffee could have been stronger, but I should have ordered an espresso I guess. At least refills were free!

Ambiance was good. Comfortable chairs and a nice deep porch to escape the sun. The location is a couple of blocks off the Main Street and as such was much quieter and peaceful, especially in the relatively early morning. The proprietor is friendly, and did not make me feel terribly self conscious about my lack of Spanish. Or French. At least I managed to ask for mango juice without butchering it too badly. Maybe that is why the owner gave me a 10 peso break on the price.

Search the place out. You won't regret it.

Hasta la vista.

Thank you so much for such a nice and detailed review, it feels good because we work hard to satisfy our customers and apprently we made it! Hugs and kisses from Holbox and see you soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

bread was good but there was nothing else to eat that early. croissants arent what you get in paris but they do for a tiny island in mexico!

Maeva30, Propietario at Le Jardin Panaderia/Cafeteria, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

First of all,you're wrong, that early you have plenty of choice! I didn't say it, our customers did!
Then sure we are in a tiny island but not in East Berlin either and we do have a menu with all you need to have a proper breakfast! To end with I dont know where you went to Paris to have these croissants you're talking about, I guess it was at Fauchon or Mariage or Lenotre or Poilane? We won't compete with them! And I almost forgot the most important, we're french! See ya....

Reviewed March 26, 2014

the place is lovely it as a very chilled out atmosphere and is grate for kids too as there is a small play room with entertainment games and magazines.We loved the banana and nutella muffin we had one every single morning.

Maeva30, Propietario at Le Jardin Panaderia/Cafeteria, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

We have done everything to please parents, children and everyone else! And yes the banana muffin has a lot of sucess, may be the nutella has something to do with it!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was a nice little find while we were on the island. The pastries were very good, especially the pan-chocolate, and I liked that I saw the owner delivering his breads to some of the local restaurants. It's worth a stop.

Thank you so much for posting something nice about Le Jardin, it made my day brighter! Kisses from Holbox.