“Best italian we have had in years! Fresh linguini from Heaven....”
Review of Restaurante La Guaya - CLOSED

Restaurante La Guaya
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

There are quite a number of good restaurants in Holbox and we love Mexican food....but after out meal at La Guaya, we just had to keep eating there.......unbelievably scrumptious!!!!!!
An italian guy we met at our hotel, and who knows his stuff, raved like a nut about this place. I was reluctant....2 weeks in Mexico and I still wanted Mexican.
But this place has the most outrageous fresh food, pasta, produce you can come across. I don't go ga ga too often over food, but these meals made the angels sing. I had the sheep cheese appetizer, then the fettuccini with lobster. My partner had pasta with prosciutto.... All phenomenal.

Love, love this place! Open kitchen, friendly waitstaff including the charming wife of the owner. The location is ok, (in the lovely and well constructed exotic looking wooden "mall" in the center of town....much nicer than it sounds, trust me...I'm all about ambiance). Nice at night, when you have been on the beach all day.
Just crazy good..........

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The atmosphere, service, and food all lived up to the high expectations set by other reviewers. Chef Luca gives a personal touch to all food served.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

La Guaya - Italian, classy, with very friendly staff and (I assume) owner - even when we bumped into her the next day. Menu had some unusual choices but they brought a taste out for you to try. Cook their own bread and had a great tuna steak. Nice.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We came to this restaurant at recommendation of other travellers and were not disappointed. We arrived mid-evening to no seats at tables so opted to sit and eat at the bar where we had a wonderful,overview of the kitchen and both the chef and sous-chef. I had the fish carpaccio for an app, sort of a deconstructed ceviche with thinky sliced fish(grouper?) drizzled with lemon juice and EVOO, tasted very fresh. As a main I could not resist the house-made fettucine with gorgonzola sauce with pink peppercorns. Delicious, pasta was perfectly cooked slightly al-dente not mushy which is easily done with home-made fresh pasta. My friend had the seafood pasta , also very good , very generous serving with lots of shrimp, calamari , possibly octopus. Dessert of homemade chocolate gelato was silky with a deep chocolate flavor. I had the Lavender Panna Cotta which was a bit too firmly gelatinized texture wise but had good flavour. Nice wine-list with several wines available by the glass. Sitting at the bar was definitely educational as well as entertaining. Service was good. Meal with app, main, dessert and two drinks came to about $500pesos before added tip.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Well, we went because everyone else said it was "so awesome". I ordered the lobster ravioli, and yes it was good, but I seriously got maybe 8 tiny ravioli's in my bowl. Lol. It was like an appy. And expensive. If I am paying alot for a meal, i expect to get some food. Same thing with my husband's meal. By far the smallest portions of food on our whole 5 week trip, anywhere..........and by far the most costly!!!!!!

2  Thank islandsun1