“Very good option on the island”
Review of Los Peleones

Los Peleones
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sensations, Express, Flavors, Aromas, Play, Friendship, Talk, Have fun, Enjoy, too many words... Just come to visit us
Miami, Florida
“Very good option on the island”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very good international and eclectic cuisine, the staff is very friendly!! Highly recommended for a lovely night and a good view on Holbox Zocalo. I strongly suggest to get Lobster as it is the Island speciality

• Visited September 2013

Saskatchewan
“Great supper,great people”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were here with our grandson and we all enjoyed our meals- we would recommend eating here for sure
Wrestle- mania owners ( lol) I even got in on the fun.

Visited August 2013
Ontario
“One of the best”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been to Holbox three times now and this was probably one of the best meals I have had on the island. This is an Italian restaurant, so there is a limited selection (ie: not much Mexican, but some appetizers), but the pasta and bread is homemade, and excellent.

We went with 2 adults and 2 children (6yrs and 9yrs). When I ordered the meals for the kids Paulina asked if we'd like to split their one meal as the servings are big. A very nice touch, considering they could have just taken our money for two main meals. We were given a starter (taco chips and garlic dip) while we reviewed the menu.

We started with the lobster chalupita. The lobster was nicely seasoned and a perfect appetizer. The kids had pasta with tomato sauce (spaghetti) and I had tagliatelle with bacon/tomato. My honey had chorizo with potatoes. All the dishes were delicious. I loved that the pasta was homemade and cooked perfectly. It was nice to sop up the chorizo oil with the homemade bread.

Following the main meal the kids had probably the biggest brownies I've ever seen for dessert.They were completed with chocolate chip ice-cream. Truthfully, quantity probably over-ruled quality, but it was absolutely appreciated and loved by the under-10s.

What I loved most about this restaurant was the attention to service. From the moment we walked in (up), either Paulina, Richard or Alex were asking how we were, whether my daughter and I needed something to sit on (wicker chairs / short skirts - a tablecloth was given to my daughter to sit on), how we liked the food, what we needed. Not over-bearing at all, English was excellent (because try as we might, our Spanish was terrible), constant attention to details.

Being on the second floor, diners can see over the square and see what's happening. It's a great atmosphere.The kids enjoyed the wrestling theme, we enjoyed the relaxed but very attentive atmosphere.We were treated to incredible individual service, everyone came by to check without being a nuisance. Little touches, like the amuse bouches, or the cafe liquer, or the easy-going atmosphere, makes it a place I would highly recommend. Suffice to say, the next time come back, I will include Los Peleones!

• Visited August 2013
Wildwood, New Jersey
“Nicely done”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We sat upstairs and enjoyed a delicious meal of lobster and cocktails. The view is perfect to watch life go by and relax with good food and interesting company. Lovely waiters, would go back next time we are here.

Visited August 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a must if you visit Holbox, it is without a doubt the best restaurant in the island. The food is absolutely fantastic, the service is even better and the decoration is really cool. There are many incredible plates in the menu but you need to try the "Chalupitas de Langosta", a world class appetizer. Los Peleones open around 4:30PM for dinner and close around 11:00PM.

• Visited August 2013