Agua Spa & Yoga Center by Casa Las Tortugas
More attraction details
Owner description: Our unique Spa 'Agua' embodies the essence of pre-Columbian Mayan traditions, from the gentle scent of aromatic copal to its array of locally-sourced organic products. Agua's all-natural body treatments include energizing body scrubs with orange and honey, papaya facials, or a romantic couples bath with milk and mint leaves. It's a distinctively holistic approach that soothes mind, body and spirit while honoring the 4000 year old Mesoamerican traditions of Yucatan.Our all-new beachfront yoga pavilion features yoga classes and daily meditation taught by accredited American and European instructors.Breath, stretch, relax and heal by the crystal blue waters of the Mexican Gulf. A full range of classes and healing sessions - including Janzu - is available upon request.
Lyndonville, Vermont
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Benjamin was amazing...................My husband went back for a second massage before we left!

New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic yoga retreat.”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I went recently on a one-week yoga retreat at the Casa Las Tortugas yoga center. I hadn't done yoga in years, so I was nervous about whether I'd be able to follow along. The instructor, Robin, made each class challenging enough for the serious yoga practitioners while also providing guidance and instruction (and alternative postures) for those like me who weren't as skilled. She focused each class on a different aspect of the yoga practice, and the sessions built on each other, so by the end of the week I was stronger, more focused, and more confident in my yoga abilities. Robin also devoted time in each session to using yoga to focus the mind, through breathing exercises and meditation.

The morning yoga sessions were in the spa, and then the afternoon sessions were up on the terrace, overlooking the ocean while the sun was setting. Gorgeous.

I also had a massage in the spa from Benjamin and thought he was great. He has warmth and energy in his hands, and a gentle, calming presence.

I thoroughly loved the yoga retreat at Casa Las Tortugas and hope I can make time in my schedule to go back next year.

3 Thank CarolineG973
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The staff here pay attention to details that make the experience more than expected.”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I took yoga classes and had a facial. The facilities were clean and the atmosphere very relaxing. There was delicious water available in the yoga studio. The woman who gave me my facial was very skilled and attentive. I intend to return.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great yoga and spa”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were very impressed with the yoga classes and the spa offerings. My exfoliation and massage were wonderful. Lupita was very experienced and knowledgable. The spa area was very clean and attractive.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Relaxing”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I had two massages and a facial and loved ALL of it. It's a beautiful space and a perfect addition to a very relaxing week.