“Create view, Great Service, Great Food, Great Drinks”

Casa Nostra Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 97 Restaurants in Holbox Island
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casa Nostra....on the beach is a Mediterranean cuisine restaurant & beach club with a hint of Caribe. A pleasant mix of two islander's culinary cultures ( Sicily and Holbox) able to tantalize the most demanding taste buds.
Munich, Germany
“Create view, Great Service, Great Food, Great Drinks”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Restaurant Is Run by an Italian (sicilia) Chef, located in The Palapa Hotel area Directly on The beach. It offers greate Italian Food - our favorite is Spaghetti with Lobster and Drinks - pinacolada to a very decient price. They also have excellent breakfast - besides The American breakfast included in The Hotel Price.
The Service was excellent, speaking German, Italian, Spanish and english.
We alte there three Times a Day and ist was always Great!

• Visited October 2012

limerick, ireland
“Will definetly be returning”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Can safely say we had one of the nicest Italian meals we ever had, All food freshly made, service fantastic. Cant wait to go baCK.

• Visited September 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Good start on the island”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

On my first night on the island I ended up going there and the food was amazing. I was by myself that night and didnt speak spanish at the time. I have to say the service was amazing and the owner came up to me and kept me company for a little while. The view on the water and the sunset from there was to die for! Just make sure you have mosquito repellant (like anywhere on the island at night)

Visited June 2012
Queretaro
“A culinary delight with incredible service”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I decided on giving Casa Nostra/Cosa Nostra a try after we were warmly received by Marcello, the waiter, when we went in to ask to see the menu...and we are so happy that we did! So much so, that we went there twice! Our first experience was for dinner...Marcello greeted us again as if we were old friends and sat us at our table. The restaurant was full and we saw that he was the only waiter on duty...we were not concerned as the pace of the island life allowed us to be able to take all the time in the world...but he amazed us with his extremely prompt, professional and friendly service. Not one table was ever left unattended! We started out with the antipasto...a delightful array of Italian meats and some beautiful olives, carrots and mushrooms that had been pickled lightly. My wife ordered the pasta a la siciliana...a wonderful dish with olives and capers...beautifully seasoned and presented. On Marcello's recommendation, I had the Sicilian sausage...I wondered if it would be too heavy a meal given the warm weather...but I was completely wrong. The sausage, home made by the chef, was so very fresh, light and seasoned to perfection. It was served with roasted, herbed potatoes...crunchy on the outside and smooth within...as well as a fresh salad. The meal was accompanied by a wonderful bottle of Italian wine. We were both so pleased with our meals that we asked to speak with the chef. Chef Giuseppe Genovese promptly came out to our table and greeted and chatted with us for awhile. A truly warm and gracious, not to mention talented, host. We finished off our meal with a wonderful espresso cortado and lemoncello. As we left, both Marcello and Chef Giuseppe bid us farewell with hugs and fond farewells...but Marcello whispered to me that we should return to try the octupus salad. Well, the next day, after spending a great day swimming with the whale sharks, that invitation was ringing in my ears, so we returned. Once again, the greeting was as if we were old friends. This time, Marcello recommended a fish tartare for my wife and I got the octupus salad. The tartare was heavenly...beautifully presented, incredibly fresh fish with hints of lemon and herbs (prepared with some gin as Giuseppe told us after) on a thin slice of toasted bread. Just perfect! As promised, the octupus salad was fantastic...so very tender and flavorful with pine nuts for a textural variant. Another espresso cortado to finish off another incredible dining experience. To Marcello, your inate customer service, warm and funny personality and complete professionalism made it a delight to have been served by you. To Chef Giuseppe, as I said to you as we left...keep up your obvious passion for food...it is very clear that it is all made with love.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MexRazor
“Really average food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Since its our hotel's restaurant, we went there two times. 1st did not convince us, 2nd time did... That it was not that good.

Pasta are good but over oiled. Antipasti are only some pieces of charcuterie on a plate. Caprese - slices of bland mozzarella and passable tomatoes. Arrachera meat itself was good but the marinade a bit tasteless.

Staff is very nice though!