“A true travellers paradise.”
Review of Tribu Hostel

Tribu Hostel
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A true travellers paradise.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my first time traveling solo and the first hostel I've stayed in. Despite my unfortunate accident I had an amazing time! Such amazing, caring and beautiful people. A beautiful hostel, a great island and fantastically friendly people. I will definitely go back. See you all in 6 months.

Room Tip: Stay in the dorms and make new friends. I did and it was unforgettable!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank bridgetroode

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ok, it's not that far... But when you get to Holbox Island it feels like you've landed a million miles away. It's sandy streets and laidback fisherman vibe will charm you immediately... and then there's Tribu Hostel. The whole hostel is designed to perfection and every last detail is incredibly well thought out. I stayed in a private room with fresh towels and even shampoo & conditioner which must be a rarity in a hostel! The decor is fresh and fun, the staff incredibly welcoming & helpful, everyone else I met wanted a copy of their map of the island because it was so detailed. We had a bonfire on the beach & swam in the bioluminescent water which was magical. I only wish I could have stayed longer... But I'll be back to swim with the whale sharks!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank caseymitcham
Palermo, Italy
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We felt like at home at Tribu: the owners are great and kind, the staff (especially the barman) is very nice in a very charming island. We swam with whale sharks during a tour suggested by them, and it was amazing!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We arrived in Tribu Hostel after a really bad moment as we´ve been robbed on the way to Isla Holbox. Since the first moment the staff was absolutely friendly and helpful! They let us use the internet, we left our stuff there and we didn´t even know if we would stay there! In the end we stayed in a nice, clean and cosy private room where we spent 7 nights! We loved the hostel. The area for chilling out is great, the kitchen is really clean and complete. They have activities every night and also the tours offered are cheaper than paying in the city. For rainy days they also have a cinema room with lots of movies! Yoga classes for free every day! We definitely recommend this place! The best hostel we stayed in the all Mexico!

We only suggest more lights in the room and kitchen and also longer curtains on the room windows!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

A great great place to stay! I've travelled for a long time and this is a really special place!!!

Close to the beach, nice people, good dorms and a great kitchen!
The vibe is very good too, movie nights, bar, friendly travelers from all over the world..

Really a good place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at Tribu Hostel while in Holbox for the whale shark tour. Most of the beds in the hostel are dormitory style with shared bathroom and no air-conditioning but we stayed in the one double room with air-conditioning and private bathroom, or the "penthouse sweet", as we refered to it. This particular room also has a balcony with a view of the ocean and thus is a very good value for your tourism dollar. There is a very nice "common kitchen" with modern appliances and a restaurant style seating area. Rather than eating out EVERY night I prepared a couple meals in the kitchen and saved some money. It is also a great way to meet/socialize with the rest of the guests in the hostel. There is also a bar on the premise that has something interesting going on nightly(giant jenga, team trivia, etc). I was a little worried about being able to sleep after reading some T/A reviews(because I am a light sleeper) but we thought the place was pretty quiet. There are computers available for a small fee and many activities that can be booked at the front deesk...whale shark swim, wake boarding, kayak tours, kite surfing, etc. It is a great place to stay, the staff are very helpful, the grounds are interesting and fun(murals, hamacks everywhere), and it is well run. They are BUSY so I recommend making an advance reservation. They were turning people away that showed up without a resv.

Room Tip: There are many sleeping options depending on what you are looking for. All options are a good value.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank salty_dog_68
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Located in a magnificent place, the hostel offers a lot of activities. I have always wanted to learn a second language and this was my chance to study Spanish. My teacher Juliana was amazing and taking classes in the hostel itself was really cool!!All the staff was helping me to practise :) I stayed there only two weeks, enough to hablar, enjoy the playa and make amigos. I'm planning on coming back next year for a month, hope I can do so!!

Room Tip: There are also hammocks to take naps!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo