Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented
Amaite Hotel & Spa(Holbox Island)
$160
$102
  • Beachfront
$194
$144
  • Pool
Las Nubes De Holbox(Holbox Island)
$253
$245
Hotels.com
Villas Flamingos(Holbox Island)
$199
$169
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Puerto Holbox(Holbox Island)
$168
$151
Hotel Villas Delfines(Holbox Island)
$96
Xaloc Resort(Holbox Island)
$110
$107
  • Breakfast included
Casa BlatHa(Holbox Island)(Great Value!)
$65
$49
  • Restaurant
CasaSandra Boutique Hotel(Holbox Island)
$419
$406
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewspalm treesconch shellsgreat balconythird floorshower headplenty of chairstop floorocean viewother hotelslounge chairsair conditionin townloved this hotelbeach towelswonderful hotelceiling fancancun airport
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the La Palapa Hotel in the beginning of May 2013 for 4 nights. Our room (Nr.6) was on the first floor and had a partial seaview. The room was always very clean and the bathroom is really nice with beautiful details. The Location is great, just a short walk away from the town center, but still very quiet and peaceful. The staff was very helpful and friendly and made our stay perfect! Wifi is included while staying at La Palapa. Be prepared to keep (some) of your clothes in your luggage, as there is not such a big closet in the room (the only point I would critisice, but for us it wasn't a big deal as we stayed there only for a coupe of days).
Isla Holbox is a place for people who like nature, the possibility to walk around without needing a car and above all great sunrises and - sets! There are nice places to eat, restaurants or also cheap taco-places. We will definitely come back to Isla Holbox and the charming Hotel La Palapa.

Room Tip: Number 6 is a big room on the first floor with a partial seaview and double bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I traveled with "spmuell" and agree with her review. We will definitely be returning to enjoy the lovely beach, pleasant rooms, excellent restuarant and truly hospitable service.

This is a great place for people who want a quiet, low-key experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have just returned from my third trip to the magical Isla Holbox. I have previously stayed at the very nice Casa Las Tortugas, but they were all booked up, so I decided to try La Palapa. I am so glad I did. I have found my new home away from home. The rooms are very nice - large, well maintained and expertly cleaned every day. The grounds of the hotel are well taken care of and the beach is clean. The restaurant serves great food and hospitality, and the staff at the hotel are welcoming, kind and efficient.
One recommendation: it would be great to have mosquito nets over the beds. I woke every morning with a fresh crop of bites, despite applying repellent before bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We found this hotel and this destination to be magical. A place for true travellers who want to be away from the floodlights of Cancun and Playa del Carmen ( though Playa is far better than Cancun). This is just what we wanted after travelling so much in the Yucatan. The rooms were colourful spacious and very clean. The village square was just a short walk away from the hotel. We enjoyed breakfast and the sea food served in the restaurant very much. An incredible setting right on the beach in front of the hotel. During our stay we never put our shoes on. A big thank you to Robert and all the staff who really took care of us!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre G
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I know I am wayyy over due for this review. Its been almost a year since i had visit here. I went on a family vacation with my wife and son for there birthday. Holbox island is to die for, such a great and cozy place, very relaxing. The staff was sooo awesome and they attended to our needs well. The chiefs were so great they even help me plan a surprise birthday dinner and cake for my wife which she loved. The rooms wore awesome and everyday our housekeeper made a different type of animal with our towels, my son got a kick out of it. Its been almost 1 year and my son and wife already want to go back. Great place A+ staff this is a place i will be coming back to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
XperienceHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear ambassador(as we kindy name our guests),

On behalf of the entire Xperience Family we would like to thank you for your visit to La Palapa Ethno Boutique Hotel. For us it is very important to know that you have chosen us again to share a very precious time of your family: your vacations and your wife's birthday !. It is very rewarding to know that your wife enjoyed the personal amenities and details that our hospitality devotees arranged for this special occasion. Thank youfor your motivating comments, we will be glad to share this effort with all the members of our team!

Looking forward to having the oportunity to welcome you back soon.

Sunny regards,