See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 10, 2015

My friend and I came in from Merida arriving at 7am. We were very cranky and when they wouldn't allow us to check in until 3pm (even though we offered to pay extra), we weren't really happy to say the least. They did hold our bags, and after coming back at 3pm, we were really pleased with our clean room that was rather spacious for the price we paid. We had a private bathroom, but we did have to walk outside to access it. We did not expect to have our room cleaned, but it was. The room included A/C and a fan as well as wifi. The grounds were really nice too. About a 10 minute walk to the main street, so not too far. I'd recommend staying here if you were on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2015 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for two nights! When we arrived they were doing maintenance on our booked room so we were offered a better room on top floor :) it was a cosy double (wooden cabin) with private bathroom! We loved our stay here as the kitchen was clean, the staff were friendly and the location was perfect! About a 15minute walk (if that) to a beautiful beach, lots of markets, shops, restaurants, cafes and bars nearby and great boat trips from the harbour. Overall a good stay at Golden Paradise and I'd recommend it to those staying a few nights and moving on with their travels ☺️

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lathamjennie
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

The hostel had a small but nice cabaña style room well set up with air-con and fan, tidy bathroom and desk. It's a 5 minute walk to the ferry and 10 minutes to the beach. We liked the communal kitchen which was well equipped with everything we needed for making breakfasts and dinners (supermarket 2 blocks away is well priced). The grounds are looked after and have plenty of lounger seats, tables and hammocks to relax in. Wifi was OK and the air-con in our room was a great addition. The price was OK, I think it's one of the more affordable places to stay on Holbox but still considerably more than we have paid elsewhere in Mexico.
Some negatives: The guy on reception in the afternoons/evenings was completely unhelpful, unfriendly, sarcastic and rude to us whenever we needed to speak with him. None of these are good hospitality traits but luckily the man in the mornings was the opposite; friendly, helpful and talkative. Definitely remember to pack your mosquito repellent as they are ferocious in the evenings.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

I stayed in the hostel a bit away from the sea (5 blocs) with the big garden. They have another hostel downtown and a hotel too on the seashore. Adorable and accommodating staff. Huge, clean and confortable room. Nice guest kitchen with blender. Great garden with tables and hammocks. Quietness. Moderate price
A few mosquitoes but its the island issue, bring repellent. Other than that, I had a wonderful stay, thank you especially Gaby (merci beaucoup!)

Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2015 via mobile

About 5 mins from beach and centre which is only downside. Moved places to tribu hostel and wish I hadn't. This place has air con!!! Stay here, staff are great too in particular Gabrielle. Its also cheaper and roomier then a lot of the others.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends