“Beautiful boutique hotel with average spa.”

and 1 more site!
La Buena Vibra Retreat & Spa
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Tepoztlan
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have never stayed a night at the hotel but I have been two times at the restaurant and four at the spa. The hotel is a fancy adults only. The decoration is beautiful with Budas and Ganesh paintings on the mud walls. They have a very nice meditation salon, gym, a very relaxing garden with beautiful flowers, an awesome view from the Tepozteco and a pool and very few rooms.
The restaurant is great, kids friendly. Delicious mexican food with organic ingredients right from their own garden. Everything is great but the spa. It's not bad either and I haven't found anything better, that's why I keep coming back.
I always like to rate every single detail about a spa. And for the price I pay there, I always expect more:
The cabins are very pretty with mexican decoration, but they are cold at winter and they don't have heat all the times, so you can get cold during the massage. Don't expect bathdrobes or sandals. I asked for a glass of water one time and they told me they didn't have any glasses. They don't have teas, almonds, raisins or anything to eat or drink before or after your massage. They have been a little late two of the four times I've been there. There is an open door jacuzzi right in front of the cabins but I have never seen it work. The same happens with the steam area. Most of the times somebody knocked the door and interrumpted the sesion, and even that it wasn't in a very loud way, I didn't liked that. Sometimes the music is good and sometimes I asked to turn it off. The terapists are average. They even gave me a 10 percent off this last time, because of all this. Again, for a $140 dls massage, I would expect some of these things, but some how it is still a good experience if you want a moment for relax. It worths the visit, but if I find a better one, I will let you know!

By the way, they are about to open a family area in the hotel, separated from the adults only.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I went to the Buena Vibra last weekend for a retreat and fell in love! The details and the energy there are incredible, the name is perfect! The room is gorgeous as well as the grounds, location, etc... We did temezcal, which at first seemed very pricey to me. I have done several before, but I have to admit, it was worth it. It was very traditional, and refreshing! We would definitely recommend it, well worth every penny! Congratulations to the owners on such a perfect resort!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Travelingkitty78
Reviewed September 20, 2012

First, the pros - easy access from Mexico City, beautiful architecture and good environment.
The cons though are:
1. pitifully small breakfast for $ paid
2. spa treatments were not that great - it was freezing in the massage room and the facial was so-so
3. it's far from town - they tell you it's a 10-15 min stroll but it's really more than that to get to anywhere interesting in town. moreover, it's along a freeway for most of the way over (lots of traffic + car exhaust)
4. more importantly, I had an item stolen from my room and after multiple calls/emails to the hotel, they were unresponsive

This place is not worth it and definitely make sure to keep all your valuables with you as they don't provide any security box.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank bailarina23
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Last week, I arranged a meeting with business colleagues from all around Mexico, South, and Central America at this amazing hotel. We had about 20 people and it was a huge success. The hotel is lovely - the gardens are a delight - and the views are just WOW. There was a good space for meetings (including PowerPoint presentations) and the hotel kept us more than amply supplied with coffee, cookies, and other munchies through the day. All my guests were terrifically impressed, as was I. Rooms great (clean, quiet, comfortable). Food delicious (including for my vegetarian colleagues). The town was close by and taxis were plentiful. (Just squeeze in a little extra denture cream before you set out - those roads are bumpy!) Anyway, I can't say enough good about the Buena Vibra which is perfectly named. We were all so sorry to leave! And we will DEFINITELY be back. Thanks to the Witmonds and their staff for an exceptional experience.

Room Tip: You aren't going to spend much time in your room as the gardens are stunning. And you'll wa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed for our aneversart, we rally enjoy it, the location is awsome

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you very much for your comment, please come back soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

What a beautiful resort. Spectator grounds and views! The owners and staff were very accommodating and friendly. Even though we were a large group, they managed to serve delicious meals. The owner even arranged our transportation back to the airport with his own car and driver. (thanks Paul). The town of Tepopztlan is lovely and you can find some nice souvenirs at good prices. Would recommend to staying at this resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank quebecr2008
Reviewed February 28, 2012

It is such an amazing location and property. There is a pool, a hot tub, a spa -including huts for massages, steam baths, and a small salon-, and plenty of delightful seating area around the hotel. The landscaping and gardens are worth perusing. In addition, the owners and staff are wonderfully kind people and very accommodating.

The owners are environmentally conscious when it comes to using water and other material usage in the lavatories, and they do ask the guests to be aware of the signs in the facilities. Irons and other materials can be asked for at the front desk, if necessary.

There are farms around the property and guests can hear rosters and dogs while staying at the hotel. I suppose this brings us closer to our roots and nature. There are also wonderful song birds, very colorful and lovely to take pictures of around the gardens.

Carnival was going on in the town of Tepoztlan until mid-week while we were there. We did go into the town with a small group from the hotel during the activities, and we felt very safe. The festivities were spectacular, with lots of music, market kiosks, and dancing.

Once Carnival was finished on Ash Wednesday, the town returned to its quiet humble self. We did walk around without any issues and bought some lovely gifts from the local market vendors that the town hosts.

Lastly, the scenery of the surrounding mountains is almost dreamlike, with lush greens and daring heights. Not far from the hotel property is a trail that can be walked up the mountain side (or jogged if you are in great shape!).

We do recommend a visit to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family