“So good we visited twice!”
Review of New London Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

New London Seafood Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my first visit to PEI, and we stumbled onto New London Seafood Restaurant by accident. We ended up having two meals there on two different days. For our first meal we sat on the beautiful outside patio. The service was leisurely, but we enjoyed our server, our view and our company, so we didn't mind. I had steamed clams, popcorn oysters and half a lobster roll. One of my friends had the scallops. We all enjoyed our food. I had hoped the clams would be steamed in some sort of broth, but they weren't. I wouldn't order them a second time. The oysters were delicious - I ordered them on my second visit as well. I thought the lobster roll was delicious, and there was a great lobster to bun ratio. One of my friends had a blueberry ale from the PEI Brewing Co. and loved it!
We ended up having to return because we saw the fish and chips being ordered by other tables and it looked so good! It was! The chips were fine, but the fresh fish was wonderful, in a large portion and so tasty with the "house made" tartar sauce. This was the only restaurant on PEI that we made a point of stopping at twice. I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the first time I have eaten here since the renos and new menu launch which just so happened to have just finished one day before my visit according to the server. So because of that I'm going to give them a bit of a break for the disorganization and confusion by the kitchen and servers. The menus were printed on paper sheets as printers hadn't delivered the real ones, the deck was fenced in using an unattractive chicken wire, and the server was slightly absent minded but again I'll be nice and assume it's because they just launched.

I went with my family and we chose to be seated on their new deck which is very nice to finally see this location being taken advantage of. The menus were presented in a more fine dinning manner than how the feel of the renos gave. I found for what I personally ordered the prices were good I got Lobster claws (4) for $10 as an app and then a Lobster roll and frys for $16 I believe. Now the quality of my meal was outstanding it was definitely the best Lobster roll I've had. The bread was homemade and very buttery, it was just great and I would get it again.

Now two others with me got the clams for an app and they very much liked them but for their meal they got fried clams at a good price but they only got (9) clams with each of their plates at around $16-18 per plate. Now this is proportionally priced but it's normal for restaurants to charge a little higher of a price and give a more filling number of fried clams. I would suggest at the least posting the number of clams in the meal and putting an option/add on to add more clams for a price. Also they opted to get wine with their meal which was very overpriced for the quantity, quality and location. Regardless of these issues they very much loved the taste of their meals.

Overall I do plan on going here again in the future to see how they are coming along and which kinks they ironed out. One thing I hope they figure out is their identity crisis, their menus, food presentation, pricing and atmosphere don't work well together yet, but with so many changes this iconic location is going through a period of change trying to figure out what it is. If done correctly I can see this location becoming a bigger hit than it used to be.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have eaten at this restuarant on multiple occasions and the food is top notch. It is pure country cooking at its best and it is where the locals eat, which is always a great sign. The dishes we had were uniformly excellent. I know my seafood very well and I can attest to the quality. If you are used to going to Red Lobster for your seafood, you will probably be disappointed because this restaurant cooks fresh food, not something frozen and reheated like most people who don't live on a seascoast have come to call "high quality" seafood. I suspect that is the reason there are a few negative reviews here.

The fries are the best I have ever eaten, hands down. The baked sole, fish and chips, salmon and especially the fried clams are out of this world. Great desserts too, especially the home baked pies...no store bought pies here.

If you are in this area during the summer, please, do yourself a favour and eat here. Prices are also reasonable for the quality and portions.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have eaten here for so many years [live on PEi}. This year 2012 the quality has reached an all time low and I don't think I will be back. I always order a lobster roll - just not as good this year. The extra charge for the poor potato salad was not worth it. Certainly tasted like it was bought maybe from ADL

Reviewed September 13, 2012

A party of 4. 2 had the lobster and enjoyed it. The haddock & steak were okay as were all the sides but nothing to write home about. The vegetables were actually rubbery. It's a bare bones place nothing fancy but it will do if you're looking for a lobster. The view is nice but hey, if you're on PEI, it's it nice everywhere?