“I keep going back!”

Kitchen Witch Tea Room
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen Witch is located in an historic two-room schoolhouse built in 1832.The school building has been lovingly restored to authentic 19th Century decor. It features the original hardwood floors, trim and wainscotting throughout as well as gorgeous double-hung paned windows which admit lots of natural light and a breathtaking view. Beautifully decorated, it features antique wooden tables and pressback chairs, lovely wallcoverings and window treatments and vintage prints.Established in 1980, The Kitchen Witch Tea Room developed a tremendously loyal clientele of repeat customers, comprising both summer visitors and local residents. It has offered a tempting menu of sandwiches served on home-baked breads, freshly-ground coffee and a variety of teas.We have owned and operated The Kitchen Witch since 2006. We have a completely separate and fully equipped gluten-free kitchen. We do not serve fast food, and there is no deep-fried food here at all. We cook almost entirely from scratch, so depending on your order and any orders ahead of yours it may take some time. Please, if you are in a hurry, let your server know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We understand if you are in a hurry and need to come back another time when you are in less of a rush. We have games on the table, including peg games, crosswords, sudoko, word search and cryptoquick. Children's menus with crayons, and adult colouring pages with colour pencils are available on request.
Bucerías, Nayarit, Mexico
“I keep going back!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Absolutely one of the best hidden jewels on PEI!! We tried the sausage in a home made tortilla....it's no wonder it is award winning! A charming atmosphere and super friendly staff! This is well worth the adventure to Long River to try some of the delicious menu and have your tea leafs read. I keep going back!!

Thanks for another wonderful afternoon gang!

• Visited September 2013

Peterborough, Canada
“over-rated and certainly not a dinner choice”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Unless you need gluten-free food and limit yourself to lunch you may be well-advised to steer clear of this place. We arrived for dinner well before closing only to find them sold out on most everything. No tortillas in a restaurant featuring Mexican food!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank seniority
MamguC, Owner at Kitchen Witch Tea Room, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I remember you coming in. I explained to you we cook everything from scratch in small batches. We do not have store bought tortillas in the freezer to pull out when we have a busy day. Our tortilla dough has to sit for at least 8 hours before we cook it to maintain the proper texture. We do not rush though our recipes, but strive for the good quality the majority of the people who eat here tell us we have achieved. I am sorry you were not pleased, but any restaurant that cooks 90% of their menu from scratch will run out of some items as the day wears on, especially the day you were here. It was one of our busiest sales day as I explained to you. We recommend reservations during the high season and some people who are regulars even call to confirm we will have what they want to eat. I am sorry you were still so disappointed after I explained all this to you when you visited The Kitchen Witch.
Radville,SK Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable Dinner”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If they are doing a Thanksgiving dinner this year do yourself a favor and book a table. My family did in 2008 and I still remember it as a highlight of our Maritimes visit. Especially as so many Island restaurants are seasonal and not open by then.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank dwayne s
“Finally found vegetarian food and friendly service on the Island”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went to the Kitchen Witch after seeing a whole vegetarian menu (in addition to both gluten-free and carnivorous options) and we have no regrets. The food was great - I had soup and a sandwich, my person had a meatloaf sandwich and potatoes, and tea of course - and the friendly service, charming atmosphere, and at-table crossword puzzles made it an experience we're excited to repeat.

• Visited September 2013
Worcester, Vermont
“Wonderful food, incredibly friendly”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My partner and I stopped at the Kitchen Witch while on a bike trip across Prince Edward Island. Immediately upon entering we were so glad we had taken the time to stop. The place smelled wonderful and the small gift shop was full of unique treasures. Even though we had eaten a large lunch only an hour before, we were so tempted by the menu we decided to try something. We shared an open face Jalepeno meatball sandwich. The meatballs were amazing, and the curry bread to die for. The owners were very friendly and gave us great advice on other attractions nearby and even helped us reroute our trip to travel on some great roads. We also bought a variety of jams at the gift shop to bring back with us that are fantastic!

• Visited August 2013