“Delicious food and friendly atmosphere!”

Kitchen Witch Tea Room
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Kensington
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen Witch is located in an historic two-room schoolhouse built in 1832.The school building has been lovingly restored to authentic 19th Century decor. It features the original hardwood floors, trim and wainscotting throughout as well as gorgeous double-hung paned windows which admit lots of natural light and a breathtaking view. Beautifully decorated, it features antique wooden tables and pressback chairs, lovely wallcoverings and window treatments and vintage prints.Established in 1980, The Kitchen Witch Tea Room developed a tremendously loyal clientele of repeat customers, comprising both summer visitors and local residents. It has offered a tempting menu of sandwiches served on home-baked breads, freshly-ground coffee and a variety of teas.We have owned and operated The Kitchen Witch since 2006. We have a completely separate and fully equipped gluten-free kitchen. We do not serve fast food, and there is no deep-fried food here at all. We cook almost entirely from scratch, so depending on your order and any orders ahead of yours it may take some time. Please, if you are in a hurry, let your server know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We understand if you are in a hurry and need to come back another time when you are in less of a rush. We have games on the table, including peg games, crosswords, sudoko, word search and cryptoquick. Children’s menus with crayons, and adult colouring pages with colour pencils are available on request.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Amazing food, my favourite being the taquitos with some tasty chilli to top them off! Debbie and the rest of the gang are so welcoming and very friendly! The lady Janice who reads the tea leaves is amazing! I can't wait for my next visit with my family:)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After driving along the Central Coast on a very hot sunny afternoon, we decided to drive a few kilometers south to the Kitchen Witch for some refreshing homemade gelato. But when our delightful, hospitable hostess/owner greeted us with the list of the day's specials, we had to partake. The cheeseburger soup was thick, flavourful and yummy as was the salad with fresh blueberries, bananas, romaine, pecans, cucumber, tomato and Gouda with a lime/coriander dressing. Brewed iced tea and yummy homemade gelato - strawberry rhubarb was the perfect ending. Husband and wife own and operate this kitschy tea room/restaurant/store.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We found the Kitchen Witch by happy accident, and my friend, who has several food allergies, was thrilled to see the gluten free and dairy free foods. She was able to have an entire meal-- entree and dessert, without any allergens. My husband, my friend's husband, and I also enjoyed our food. We've gone twice, and I can say the cream tea was wonderful, and the sandwich I had the second day was excellent!
We also purchased some tea and preserves there, which have so far proven exceptional! My friend also had her tea leaves read, which she found to be interesting and accurate.
The atmosphere was pleasant, the people were so friendly and helpful, and we'll probably go back once more before we leave at the end of the week.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Warm, wonderful & wacky in the best way!!! Kid friendly beyond belief, and better yet- human friendly! Bravo!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Friends brought me here to experience the hospitality. I thought I was walking into my friends house. The staff are so friendly and the food delicious. the selection of preserves meet everyone's taste and diet; all home made.
Having my tea leaves read was part of the experience I enjoyed. I can't wait to go back.