“Must experience”

Kitchen Witch Tea Room
Cuisines: Canadian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Kitchen Witch is located in an historic two-room schoolhouse built in 1832.The school building has been lovingly restored to authentic 19th Century decor. It features the original hardwood floors, trim and wainscotting throughout as well as gorgeous double-hung paned windows which admit lots of natural light and a breathtaking view. Beautifully decorated, it features antique wooden tables and pressback chairs, lovely wallcoverings and window treatments and vintage prints.Established in 1980, The Kitchen Witch Tea Room developed a tremendously loyal clientele of repeat customers, comprising both summer visitors and local residents. It has offered a tempting menu of sandwiches served on home-baked breads, freshly-ground coffee and a variety of teas.We have owned and operated The Kitchen Witch since 2006. We have a completely separate and fully equipped gluten-free kitchen. We do not serve fast food, and there is no deep-fried food here at all. We cook almost entirely from scratch, so depending on your order and any orders ahead of yours it may take some time. Please, if you are in a hurry, let your server know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We understand if you are in a hurry and need to come back another time when you are in less of a rush. We have games on the table, including peg games, crosswords, sudoko, word search and cryptoquick. Children's menus with crayons, and adult colouring pages with colour pencils are available on request.
Cape Breton Island, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Friends brought me here to experience the hospitality. I thought I was walking into my friends house. The staff are so friendly and the food delicious. the selection of preserves meet everyone's taste and diet; all home made.
Having my tea leaves read was part of the experience I enjoyed. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013

“Come for the food, stay for the tea readings!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The woman who reads the tea leaves is a sweetie and is very good at what she does.
The authentic Texan food was delicious, and the servings were a great size for the money.
Highly recommend the cheese enchiladas!
And it is so nice as a vegetarian to have so many wonderful options to choose from! And the gluten free selection is also great!

Charlottetown, Canada
“Unforgettable Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to the Kitchen Witch for the first time this weekend with some out of Province guests. We had heard about the tea leaf reading and thought it would be a fun alternative to traditional PEI tourist trap style attractions. We started with lunch-which was delicious, very hard to make a decision with so many amazing options.The home made bread alone was worth the trip! We then had our tea leaves read which was really amazing, strangely insightful and amusing. I highly recommend making the trip to the Kitchen Witch, everything from the staff, the giftshop, the food, the entire experience was 100% positive and extremely memorable.This will be one of my go to spots for all my out of town guests! Thank you!!!!

London, Canada
“Unexpected Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

When I first heard of the Kitchen Witch, I was a bit skeptical. I didn't think the name was really fitting for a place that seemed to specialize in Gluten-Free food. When I arrived, I was surprised at how open and friendly the staff were (witch doesn't express warmth to me) and how incredible the food was! We stayed and chatted with the owners for a little while and they made the whole experience fantastic! I'm looking forward to trying some more of their menu on my next visit! Even if you aren't looking for GF food - they have options for everyone -- You won't regret taking the time to have a meal here!

“Excellent Mexican/Texan food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had heard about the Kitchen Witch from a number of people and decided to check it out! I was really impressed with the quality of the ingredients and the menu choices. I love vegetarian food and the Kitchen Witch offered plenty of options .I had the vegetarian enchiladas and they were awesome.The homemade lemonade and gelato were really tasty. I can't wait to go back and try more things on the menu like the potatoe pizza.