Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Anne of Green Gables Museum
from $1,030.02
More Info
All reviews shining waters lm montgomery gift shop carriage ride haunted woods raspberry cordial bus tour my wife aunt and uncle lover's lane prince edward island the barn fictional character beautiful setting heritage place great place to visit potatoes
Reviewed 4 days ago

Even though I had never read Anne of Green Gables and only had seen TV shows I really enjoyed the Silver Bush home/museum. I found this much more interesting than the (fictional) Anne of Green Gables house. The home is full of items and quotes and stories by LM Montgomery the author of Anne of Green Gables books. I loved seeing the crazy quilt she made and reading her thoughts on it. We visited in late October after all the crowds were gone. We got to linger and read everything we wanted. The grounds are very nice for a walk. We met one of the gentlemen who gives the carriage rides and got to see the horses up close. Friendly folks!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were on a bus tour and our guide got us in before several other buses. So glad she did, when we came out the line was very long. It was very nice and well maintained but you really get moved through, not their fault. There were just so many people. Beautiful setting though. Sorry I don't have pictures.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had been working on a jigsaw puzzle of Anne of Green Gables, several days prior to coming here. It was quite a thrill to see the jigsaw picture 'come to life' when we walked the path to the museum. There were busloads of tourists like us, and credit must go to the museum for crowd control.

The orderly walk through the house was well managed by ropes to guide tourists, and docents were around to explain and make sure the crowd kept moving, even while taking photos.

The gardens were lovely and the foliage along the path through the 'haunted forest' was quite lush.

There was a barn nearby in which a video was continuously running, telling the story of the author, Lucy Maud Montgomery 1874-1942 . Elsewhere in the grounds there was also a buggy, a red wig with braids, and a straw sun hat, for tourists to pose as Anne.

The gift shop was real popular. I managed to purchase some souvenirs and postcards.

A must visit for anyone who has ever been a fan of Anne,.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed this little gem of a museum which has all things Anne. Brought back a lot of memories from reading the books as a child.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

This is the place for AGG fans or those who only saw the TV versions of the stories. This farm inspired the books.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

My mom and I had been planning a trip to PEI for many years - we are both AGG fans and really wanted to explore the island that inspired the stories. We spent the morning at Green Gables and then headed here. This felt so much like the Anne stories to me. LMM's bedroom in this house felt like Anne's bedroom in the books. And there are so many great letters and stories to explore. It is hosted by a member of the family who was delightful and autographed our book. I was disappointed that the carriage ride around the Lake of Shining Waters was so expensive - we didn't take it but it would have been fun.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

I have never read any of the books but it was still a nice stop. Very pretty lands and you can see how Montgomery got her inspiration to write “Anne of Green Gables”. For $10 it is worth the visit.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

We really enjoyed our visit to Silverbush. Green Gables was lovely, but for true fans of Maud herself, this is the place to be. The museum is not huge, but the memorabilia is wonderful. They have the 'blue chest" and it's contents on display. They have first editions of many of her books on display. She was married in the parlor and her last known letter hangs on the wall here and is truly touching. Another reviewer wrote that the place is out of date, and hasn't been updated to include narrative formatting and interactive displays. If you love Maud and her characters and history you don't need that to get the best out of this place. It feels like a home, and it was a home for her, and it had a special place in her heart. if you are fans only of the Anne films themselves then stick to Green Gables. If you are searching for the woman behind the magic, visit this loving tribute to her life and work.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

The building is where Lucy Maude Montgomery got married
The exhibits are quite well explained and there are a lot of them
I had never read the books so a lot of the "magic" was lost on me, but it was interesting nevertheless

2  Thank HSeeingtheworld
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

I haven't read any LM Montgomery books, so it wasn't anything I loved, but it's very well put together and maintained. Also smelled great!