“Sounds/looks much better in the ads...”

Burlington Amusement Park
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Kensington
More attraction details
Owner description: Atlantic Canada's Premiere Karting Faility, Featuring three exciting go-kart tracks, PEI's only batting cages, PEI's only kiddy go-karts, bumper cars, bumper boats, mini golf and more. Located in the heart of PEI's North Shore.
Dartmouth, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sounds/looks much better in the ads...”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We visited on a Sunday, Sept. 15. The person/people who own/run this establishment have put a fair amount of effort into making it very clear about size restrictions on the go-carts. Oddly enough, even though it wasn't very busy that day, I had to deal with 3 different children who were very clearly too small to properly control these carts.
On my first 5 lap session, there was a child who was very dangerous to drive around because he was pretty much just hanging onto the steering wheel. Except for the two laps that he spent off the track stuck in the grass, I was stuck behind him, because he was always very erratic and would steer into the front of my cart every time I tried to pass. This was unintentional on his part.
On my second 5 lap session, there was another child like the one described above, plus another sweet little boy who didn't like being passed. Even though it is written in big block letters on the rear of every cart, "NO BUMPING", he tried very hard to force me off the track twice. This WAS intentional.
I don't understand why they don't simply allow these younger drivers to go on the track with family only. It wasn't busy. I would have happily waited to go 5 minutes later, had it been explained to me what was going on. I didn't think to examine all the drivers before getting into my cart, because I simply assumed that all small children would be in the two seater carts with a driver of adequate size/ability.
Basically, we each spent $8 for each 5 lap session. There were children driving, who should have been driving on their other track for smaller children. The carts were certainly not in great shape. Most people walked away from the carts with wet behinds because the seats were all wet. And, to top it all off, the proverbial icing on the cake was a teen-age boy playing in the kiddie's play house with all the plastic balls, which is inside by the ticket counter. He was throwing ball after ball out into the public area where people had to go to purchase tickets. The staff SHOULD HAVE put an end to his nonsense immediately...they did nothing...shame on them...shame on him...and double shame on his parents/guardians.
Needless to say, I'll never return, and I'll tell everybody who will listen about my experience.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Cliff1024

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Go Karts”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is the place for go kart enthusiasts with its' fast karts and long, winding track. The park also has Nascar style karts on an oval, a nice mini putt golf course and other attractions like bumper cars and bumper boats on a scenic property with a great river view. Suitable for families with children, although there are height minimum's for operating go karts solo ... otherwise smaller kids ride with a parent in a double kart. Good place when the weather is not the best for beach time or water parks.

Visited September 2012
Bay St. Lawrence, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“KoKarts”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Quiet park no waits if its go kokarts you are looking for this is the place on the island way better then any other place we have been

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Amy M
Lunenburg, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great for older children and adults”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Not much there other then gokarts and batting cage. Nothing but a small ball tent for young children. Waste of time driving there.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank bandittraveler
Toronto, Canada
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Not worth the drive or the money”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The park is for sale and should have been our first clue. We went on Friday night to the unlimited go carts on 3 different tracks from 6-10 pm as was advertised. When we got there we were told there was no refund based on long lines. That was ok. However, there was only maybe 10 go carts operating. Except for 2 ( the yellow ones) they were very slow. My son ran out of gas on his lap around. Another car was driving and the wheel fell off. The blue smoke that was billowing out of the back of the carts when they started was disgusting considering there were riders behind these carts waiting and having to breathe this in. The other 2 tracks well, one is for wee kids and the other the riders must be 64" tall to ride so the unlimited basically applies to one track for the majority of families taking their kids there. The rest of the amusement park consisted of 4 bumper boats of which only 2 worked, one didn't even have a motor in it and the other, the poor staff members couldn't start and said that this was an issue that no one seemed to be addressing as my child is waiting patiently for them to get it to work after which she had to transfer to one of the two boats to ride by herself! What fun...NOT. Not worth the drive or the time to go here and I hope for others in the future that this property sells and the new owners make vast improvements.

Visited August 2012