“Good Eats & Relaxed Times At "The Union"”

The Union Street Cafe
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Berwick
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Eats & Relaxed Times At "The Union"”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good ambience here and a nice location for the restaurant, in the heartland of the Annapolis Valley. Service came with a smile, nice variety on the menu, making it difficult to choose one item. Whatever your order happens to be, the plates are plentiful - so you leave here, plenty full! It says on the menu, that the fish cakes are "nearly famous", I can vouch they should be famous, they were excellent!
We were relaxed and happy after, didn't feel rushed, to make room for other diners.
All in all, it was a great evening spent with family and a friend here. We enjoyed ourselves very much, will no doubt be back again, also to try out the Wick pub next door.

• Visited May 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fan-freaking-tastic :)”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I went on a saturday night for my hubbys birthday and we reserved a booth. The atmosphere was both romantic yet laid back. I ordered pasta since it was pasta night ! I was a little worried because I'm not adventurous with food but the waitress told us curry mango chicken was to die for .... so I tried it and it WAS THE BEST pasta I've eaten in years it was a prefect blend of spicy and sweet :) omg
And the waldorf salad was fresh and delicious :) the food is local and fresh and obviously prepared with care . My husdand had the dragons burger with sweet potato fries and i just wanted to eat his as well but my portion was so large i took it home for a midnight snack .... to finish our meal off we ordered the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake . Holy it was delicious we had to order another to take home! This was my first but not my last time to go there and I recommend it to everyone and even taken a few of my girlfriends there for dessert ! The staff is friendly and helpful :)

1 Thank girllovesfoodie
LaHave, N.S.
“My kind of happy meal”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Real food in a funky atmosphere; what's not to like? Today was my second stop at the Union Street Cafe, and it was every bit as worthwhile as my first visit. The decor is old school hippie and the lack of windows makes it dark, but the food is real, healthy and generous, and the staff is helpful and friendly, but not in your face. What's not to like about a juicy burger from local beef with incredible local Dragon's Breath cheese, a great big salad from local ingredients and some tasty handcut fries from local spuds? I give this place mega-points for its impressive commitment to locally-produced foods; I own a food business and know how hard this can be. The menu may not be particularly sophisticated, but the options are good for a wide range of tastes, and they accommodate picky/allergic eaters without batting an eye. Prices are reasonable. Go there!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank ElloraGrrrl
Berwick, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I value quality... local organic home cooked meals are my kind of thing. Always tasty and cozy... the Wick Pub adds terrific opportunity to catch some very talented musicians indeed.

Visited March 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Nice little spot”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

While touring around the area my friend and I decided to stop at the Union Street Cafe for a mid afternoon break. Along with beverages we ordered the Antipasto Bruschetta to share. We had the warm artichoke parmesan dip, roasted red pepper and feta spread, and kalamata olivada. Everything was delicious especially the bread. There was plenty for two people to share. It would even do for 3 people as an appetizer along with a meal. The service was great and the atmosphere was pleasant. I would definitely recommend dropping by this nice little spot in Berwick.

• Visited February 2013