“Always a good choice”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I value quality... local organic home cooked meals are my kind of thing. Always tasty and cozy... the Wick Pub adds terrific opportunity to catch some very talented musicians indeed.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

While touring around the area my friend and I decided to stop at the Union Street Cafe for a mid afternoon break. Along with beverages we ordered the Antipasto Bruschetta to share. We had the warm artichoke parmesan dip, roasted red pepper and feta spread, and kalamata olivada. Everything was delicious especially the bread. There was plenty for two people to share. It would even do for 3 people as an appetizer along with a meal. The service was great and the atmosphere was pleasant. I would definitely recommend dropping by this nice little spot in Berwick.

1  Thank Acadia80
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've eaten here at least half a dozen times and are always impressed. The vegetarian burger is amazing! The quality of the food is definitely above average, and we are always impressed by the selection. We also like the inclusion of food from local producers. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Valleygonian
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Okay, so this was once one of my favourite local restaurants - after the shady Fish N' Chips and poor / sleazy atmosphere I doubt I'll ever be back.

A family member was visiting, we decided to dine at Union Street Cafe. We went at about 4:30 pm. As soon as we entered they dimmed the lights like we were interrupting their social event; in fact we were ! While sitting for our food we certainly got the "shop talk" of every staff members boyfriend, mother in law etc. There wasn't a concern in the world about our dinning experience. It persisted during the entire visit. It may have been caused by the young woman sitting at the bar yammering off every single thing she knew about locals, but the staff certainly had no issue adding to the conversation.

The Greek salad and French onion soup was fantastic - presentation superb. The Fish N' Chips wasn't suitable to feed to a crow. Don't get me wrong, the fries were great ... but the fish had obviously been precooked and sitting around for quite sometime. Sadly, they had dimmed the lights so dim that I couldn't take a decent photo without a big noticeable flash. It was sinfully horrid. It was so dried out, and the appearance was pitiful. I hope the cook staff AND wait staff was embarrassed to serve it to me - rightfully so. I would have much prefered being told. " I'm sorry we are not offering fish this evening," than be served that. It was the worst I've ever seen, and I'm famous for ordering fish n chips 90% of the time. Words cannot explain how disgusting it appeared.

My 2 cents would be :

- Remove Fish N Chips off the menu OR cook to order

- Remove the gossip chatter about everyone and their cat while open

SHAME ON YOU UNION STREET CAFE FOR PASSING THAT PIECE OF FISH OFF LIKE THAT!

1  Thank FundyCoast
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Situated on main st. in Berwick, the restaurant has the best food in Nova-Scotia hands down.
They have something on their menu to satisfy everyone's palette and deserts you cannot resist.
My favorites on the menu are the fish chowder, waldorf salad and the fish cakes; but it's so had to choose since everything is good.
The atmosphere is inviting and friendly. This can be a great place for a date, but can also be for a family and friends get-together.

The bar is mostly active in the evening and regularly has musical guests that liven up the atmosphere to a more 'let's get together and laugh' mood.

If you are looking for a place were you can both have a romantic evening or to have a few drinks and eat some great food with friends, you have found the perfect place.