“Lovely Seaside Destination”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick
Harbourville Cottages and Schnitzelhaus
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The authentic German meal was scrumptious! The owner, Elke, is very warm and accomodating. The cottage we used was very clean and well equipped with what we needed to have a comfortable stay. I loved watching the sunset from the private balcony. The rocky shore was a short walk away, where we sat by a fire to watch the tide come in. It was a romantic weekend getaway, and I'll be going back another time as a family vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Harbourville Cottages and Schnitzelhaus

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Bay View, a cottage overlooking the harbour. It's at the end of fairly steep driveway and the view from the deck is absolutely amazing. We enjoyed privacy and an amazing sunset. Early evening we headed to the beach with a bottle of wine and lighter in-hand. Instead of going to the main beach in front of the other cottages we chose the one just across the channel (close to Atlantis). We had a small bonfire, listened to the waves crash against the rocks and watched the star-filled sky. I could not have imagined a nicer place to be...

Would I return to Harbourville? Would I eat at the Schitzelhaus again? Heck, YES!! :-)

I cannot help but make a few comments:
Why would people complain about bugs and crooked cottages? Some of these buildings are VERY old and it's part of the charm so if people prefer 4 star rooms and facilities they should stick with hotels. Staying at a place close to the beach means the occasional bug and possibly something else that blew into a window. So what? Some people suggest the Website is misleading. The photos are an accurate presentation of what you can expect so if you don't like what you see, please don't visit. Some people suggested they don't like the food. Well, if you are not sure you enjoy authentic German meals, don't order them! For some, a Wiener Schnitzel and Spaetzle is an acquired taste. For me, it's a taste of home and considering I came here from Germany 30 years ago that's the best compliment I can think of.

Room Tip: Staying at the Fundy View will likely give you the best vantage point. You are high up among the tre...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Harbourville Cottages are like Harbourville itself - the true essence of the Maritime Provinces!

The place is quiet, the people are amazing and the ocean is breathtaking! There are a few options here that allow you to stay right on the beach. Literally ON the beach! The sunsets are spectacular and can be enjoyed from the deck, as can the world's biggest tides. Walk the coast line a half an hour and find an amazing waterfall, go buy locally caught lobster or just socialize with the friendly locals.

The cottages are clean, cozy and have a sense of home. The owners are friendly and will do anything to make sure your stay is an amazing one. I hate to share this best-kept secret - we want to keep this place to ourselves!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

i have never seen such clean rooms,and the woodstove made it feel so comfy ..i also loved the walk on the beautiful beach..i will definately return.its so nice to be treated in a friendly man by all employees

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Harbourville Cottages and I thought it was so beautiful, very clean and well maintained. The cottage had a cozy feeling, really nice atmosphere. The restaurant serves a wonderful menu, an overall great visit.

Room Tip: Atlantis or Oceanus would be my top picks.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have spent wonderful time there at the cottages. If you are looking for a quaint and romantic place to spend time where every minute counts with joy and content then you will have found Horbourville Cottages, The trip was well worth the time and effort to find this hidden treasure.
You will fall in love with the simplicity and cleanliness of accomodation and the gourmet dishes served suited for the most jaded palate. Everything was the perfect balance of modern convenience and untouched, unprocessed world that we crave. Serene and peaceful, it was the perfect place to rejuvenate. Beautifully decorated, graciously served food, and friendly host. What more could anyone want? We will definitely be visiting there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sanjap626
Reviewed May 1, 2013

What I like about this place is the peace and cool air, talking walks on the beach. I bought food before going to bed, because I wake up hungry in middle of the night. The owners made me a super deluxe sandwich, not on the menu, and it was delicious. I sat outside at 10pm on my deck alone and loved it. I will be back for sure. My boss took me to this place to investigate the area and where to take people when they come for a visit. This is the place to come.
I was in the military and know German food, and this is authentic German food. I can only recommend the restaurant and cottages. Clean, cozy, perfect. Looking forward to be back, and I will stay longer this time. I think they have long term rates.

Room Tip: I always stay in Poseidon close to the ocean and beach and harbour.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berwick
Old Orchard Inn & Spa
Delft Haus
Delft Haus
#1 of 2 in Centreville
Farmhouse Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Harbourville Cottages and Schnitzelhaus? Share your experiences!