“the best vacation spot ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick
Harbourville Cottages and Schnitzelhaus
Reviewed May 30, 2013

i have never seen such clean rooms,and the woodstove made it feel so comfy ..i also loved the walk on the beautiful beach..i will definately return.its so nice to be treated in a friendly man by all employees

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol S

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Harbourville Cottages and I thought it was so beautiful, very clean and well maintained. The cottage had a cozy feeling, really nice atmosphere. The restaurant serves a wonderful menu, an overall great visit.

Room Tip: Atlantis or Oceanus would be my top picks.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have spent wonderful time there at the cottages. If you are looking for a quaint and romantic place to spend time where every minute counts with joy and content then you will have found Horbourville Cottages, The trip was well worth the time and effort to find this hidden treasure.
You will fall in love with the simplicity and cleanliness of accomodation and the gourmet dishes served suited for the most jaded palate. Everything was the perfect balance of modern convenience and untouched, unprocessed world that we crave. Serene and peaceful, it was the perfect place to rejuvenate. Beautifully decorated, graciously served food, and friendly host. What more could anyone want? We will definitely be visiting there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sanjap626
Reviewed May 1, 2013

What I like about this place is the peace and cool air, talking walks on the beach. I bought food before going to bed, because I wake up hungry in middle of the night. The owners made me a super deluxe sandwich, not on the menu, and it was delicious. I sat outside at 10pm on my deck alone and loved it. I will be back for sure. My boss took me to this place to investigate the area and where to take people when they come for a visit. This is the place to come.
I was in the military and know German food, and this is authentic German food. I can only recommend the restaurant and cottages. Clean, cozy, perfect. Looking forward to be back, and I will stay longer this time. I think they have long term rates.

Room Tip: I always stay in Poseidon close to the ocean and beach and harbour.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I went to harbourville over the weekend, we decided Friday night, it was so warm out, we thought a stay on the bay would be perfect. We stayed in the beach apartment, because my family is quite large, and we needed lots of space. It was awesome. The deck was huge, we had loungers for my wife and I, the kids went to the beach and made a fire. We could relax. The place was clean, safe for the kids and the king bed had a real feather mattress cover. We slept like on clouds. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook and the living room had enough couches to seat the entire family. I find sometimes when you go somewhere not enough seating is provided, and we end up sitting on our beds. one things is for sure , we will be back. I think the owner told us they will open up the restaurant for mother's day and my wife wants to go.
Not easy to find a gem like this. First we were cautious of booking because of some reviews, but I am so happy we did come. A wise woman once said to me : Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you. So I left the judging up to myself and came. Glad we did.

Room Tip: Ask for pet friendly cottages. The beach apartment is not pet friendly, but we want to bring our dog...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyril L
Reviewed April 23, 2013

we just got back from harbourville. we stayed a couple of nights in the Neptune cottage. we relaxed after two days as if we stayed there for weeks.
when we got there we had a pile of wood stacked up for us beside the wood stove, the stove was on, it was warm, cozy, clean, the sun was shining, it was wonderful.
I had great wifi access in the cottage and the kids could get a hold of me anytime they wanted.
I just have so say good things about the place, the owners and the location.
the cottage was very clean (I look for baseboards and tv remote sanitized, so I am picky). everything was wiped, clean, all corners, the cutlery tray, everything.
I can only recommend this place. if you look for fancy Gucci Armani type of vacation, the this is not the place for you. you will love it if you like to relax by a good glass of wine with someone you love. we will be back harbourville!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maria h
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had the best short vacation ever. Since we only live about 1 hour from Harbourville, we decided to get out of town for the night. We were so happy to find a cottage for just one night, and accommodation that would allow animals.
My husband and I arrived that Friday afternoon,we checked in at the Schnitzelhaus Restaurant and the lady, who gave us the key showed us to our cottage. We loved it, the cottage (I think it was the Atlantis) was more a house then a cottage. It was so comfy, the king bedroom upstairs had a flat screen TV on the wall, and the deck was right on the ocean. We had everything to cook, there was a charcoal barbecue, just for us to use. We opened a bottle of wine, my husband cooked the steak (which we ate while the tide came in, right on the beach) and we went for a walk afterwards.
I have nothing negative to say about the place, the owners, the location or anything else.
Actually, we were just talking about going back this year again.
I decided to write this review since I think if one has nothing nice to say, then do not say anything. So here I am, I have something to say. For all of you who like fish: we bought lobster fresh from the boats and took it home. Best lobster ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erynw_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berwick
Old Orchard Inn & Spa
Delft Haus
#1 of 2 in Centreville
Farmhouse Inn Bed and Breakfast
Micro Boutique Living Wolfville

Been to Harbourville Cottages and Schnitzelhaus? Share your experiences!