“Be careful of your booking”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick
Harbourville Cottages and Schnitzelhaus
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a late review as our travel was quite sometime ago, but still the same owners and from other reviews I see the same problems. We had made a reservation but were staying close-by in a place we loved! Took a drive down and peeked in the cottages and dining room and made a call to see if we could stay at our present locale and be able to get some of our deposit back. "no problem!" wasthe reply. Well, like so many others, have never received a penny of credit. Have called and emailed and their best answer, only one reply, was that they thought we were going to buy a local property, we were seriously considering it, so when we didn't they decided not to give a refund. Would not recommend astray here unless you knew for sure you wanted to be there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Carrie L

Reviewed June 26, 2012

could eat there if i could every day but not open till 12 for takeout but still the best fish and chips.

Room Tip: would eat the fish and chip they are the best
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank monique f
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have not stayed in the cottages because we have a summer home nearby,BUT,we have been eating here for a couple of years now, and the food is very good, especially the schnitzel!The German beer is served up in tall beautiful glasses and we always enjoy ourselves!Maria, Elke and Emma are wonderful,and the atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable.We are regulars and are treated beautifully!We always look forward to going there for a meal and seeing these welcoming and warm people!Go and try it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank oldcock
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Didnt stay at the cottages just had a meal there a couple of weeks back. And the old saying applies - "if its busy it must be good and or good value and or a fun nice place to eat". Oh well we were one of two in the restaurant and that tells the whole story !!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank craigo123
Reviewed June 4, 2012

A few times a year my dog and I stay in Harbourville. It's as much of a break from city life for me as as it is a fun-filled getaway for my dog. I have had the pleasure to experience 3 different cottages, all with their own charm but this time I wanted to live on a "Tilt". The Nautilus is the oldest cottage (I believe it's 120 years) and intrigued me when I saw it for the first time. You are taken back in time, complete with creaking old wooden floor boards and saltwater coming out of the pipes (not to worry: there is bottled water waiting for you). My dog loved the location because within seconds he was roaming around the beach where we explored.

The food at the Schnitzelhaus is great and if you want a fully authentic dining experience, try a bottle of German "White Beer". Elke and Maria make you feel welcome and go out of their way to ensure you are looked after.

There is a reason I keep coming back to Harbourville: there is nothing like it and I feel refreshed when I leave (but also a bit sad),

For anyone considering staying here, the Website is full of great information. Whether you want to see the cottages or the scenery, it's all there. They even have the menu online.

Room Tip: It all depends on your preference. If you enjoy living like locals did 120 years ago, the Nautilus i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TimAndBo
Reviewed June 3, 2012

If you're looking for a luxurious stay on a beach resort... don't bother. If you're looking for an authentic Nova Scotia experience. Go here. This is a hidden gem. These cottages are former homes in a picturesque old fishing village. The harbour is still a working fishing port. There are old boats on the beach that you can explore. We stayed in the Atlantis, the deck enters directly onto the rocky beach where we had beach fires two nights in a row as the sun set over the water. It's quite remote and quaint, yet a quick drive into one of the many towns in the Valley.. Berwick, New Minas, Kentville, Wolfville, Windsor and you can pick up supplies, excellent coffee or try one of the great restaurants.

You can purchase lobster from the fisherman and there's a fish store a few steps from the cottages. The cottage had a lobster pot in the cupboard so we were able to cook them ourselves and eat on the patio overlooking the Fundy.

The cottages are kept and decorated to maintain the historical integrity. Don't expect fancy modern furniture. The cottages feel more like visiting an old friend instead of an antiseptic hotel. The German family that owns it were wonderful and so was their food at the Schnitzelhaus. Get. The. Strudel!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The ladies at the check in counter were very friendly. The food at the Schnitzelhaus was superb.
My fiance and I were there for 2 nights. The cabin was very clean and right on the water. Included were all the dishes you would need if you choose to cook. A full kitchen, along with a nice living room. There was a nice patio with beautiful views of the water. When the tide goes out you can walk out for almost 80 feet.
Fires on the beach with a few beverages are not frowned upon, as long as you are responsible.
I look forward to returning again this summer. Would highly recommend visiting and staying here.

Room Tip: Get a cabin on the water side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike H

Been to Harbourville Cottages and Schnitzelhaus? Share your experiences!