“Are they PLUCKING the chickens back there?!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #71 of 105 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Oh my God I don’t know what’s happened to this place. The last three trips for drive through have been excruciatingly long; ridiculous wait times. I was already in the line when I remembered my last experience otherwise I would have ordered pizza. At least they got the order right this time. Twice in the last four visits we’ve either gotten one of the items wrong or did not get them at all. Seriously people, how is it that your system USED to be great and now seems to be broken.

Date of visit: September 2019
Recipe l, Manager at Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, we apologize that your visit to our restaurant wasn't a positive one, please fill out the form at: reviews.swisschaletfeedback.com reference number 19110923-R

Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

Ordered a family meal deal. Driver came buzzed the apartment I couldn't get to the phone on time. He left no message and went back to store. No call back from the store. After an hour and a half I called the store directly. They said the driver couldn't reach us and that customer care called. There was no call from customer care.... that was bs. Called customer care to complain they said they tried to call me twice and couldn't get though. Another straight up lie and offered no discount of any kind for the inconvenience, great customer care... it's now almost 2 hours since ordering and still no food. Crappy service at it's best. Aviod the georgetown Ontario location at all costs.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Chicken wings were not like they advertise in thier menu. Small and just plain looking and tasting. My wife had thier new breaded chicken which was aweful. I had the hot roast beef sandwich most of the roast beef was fatty. This place has certainly go down hill over time. Too bad really.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2018

After avoiding this Swiss Chalet for a long time since have always been problems over the years, be it mistakes in the order or just not cooked right, they finally got everything right and the portions were generous and very delicious so we were very pleased and enjoyed our dinner.
On the down side, which isn't too big of a deal, we ordered the 2 can dine for $15.99 promotion (first it's good to see they put it back down to $15.99 as they had raised it on their coupons since January first to $17.99). The lady taking the order was very difficult to understand as she was not fluent in English, but she asked the right questions and was very friendly and helpful and made sure everything was right. The odd thing was that she asked if I had a coupon, which was strange since both the large sign as you enter and the flyer I got in the mail today both said it was a 2 week promotion (ie no coupon needed). I mentioned the sign out front which she didn't seem to have a clue about and also showed her the flyer which I had brought with me.
So in the end, everything was right and we were very pleased and will probably try Swiss chalet again sooner than later at this location.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank MapleLeaf1867
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

I hope that the owner reads this post. As its noticeable he hasn't read the other reviews.
We have come to your restaurant thinking lets give them another try.
What a mistake we stood in line for 20 minutes. Your young cashier ook the order wrong. Then we waited 30 minutes for our food and it was cold and wrong.
You seriously need some organization set up. Too many people and hitting each other.
While the owner is watching the hockey game and then goes to the back makes it look like he is working. Doesn't wear gloves.
Coming to a restaurant and listening to staff screaming not acceptable. And if you don't have coupons its too expensive to eat and wait for cold food.
Advice. Hire someone ith organization skilss to run a restaurant
Owner hire polite employees
Have staff clean the tables
Have staff trained to repeat the order.
Have a number system and give it to the customer and call them up when there food is ready. The waiting at the front is congested people don't know where the line is or have they ordered.
Employees wearing gloves to touch our food is great, but to walk around and clean up and then handle our food is wrong.
Your store needs help. I am not the only one who feels that. A lot of customers in line were saying the same thing. This place is horrible. But we come back. Why well not again. Win your customers back.
Be a better manager and your staff will be better.
Best of luck.