“Best Chinese Restraunt in Georgetown” 5 of 5 bubbles

House Of Buddha
Ranked #48 of 88 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Georgetown Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese Restraunt in Georgetown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the best Chinese restaurant in town, because it's absolutely delicious and the quality and presentation of food is absolutely stunning!!!! The service is so freindly and kind. I have been a customer for 10 years and they have nerver disapoint. My family has always like the chicken balls, lemon chicken, chicken so guy, mix vegetables, beef and broccoli, spring rolls, egg rolls, chicken chop suey, buddha's delight, s&s beef, lemon shrimp, cantanese chow mien, chicken fried rice, house fried rice, Cantonese chicken chow mien etc... It so clean and hygienic the Restraunt looks so nice . The manager is so nice and friendly of how he treats people. "The House of Buddha can be friendly to anyone" says the waiter. Loyatity to the customers is very important to the House Of Buddha. Make sure you leave a tip !!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dan L

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
“Staple in my food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Called and spoke to the manager regarding a staple I received in one of my food dishes. His response was "so, what do you want me to do about it?". I said I just thought he might want to know about it and wasn't looking for anything. Told him I was just looking to tell him and maybe get an appology. Got nothing. Told him I wouldn't eat there again and would tell those I talked to!

3 Thank Mark D
Caledon, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese Food around-”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been going here for 22 years. If you are looking for good traditional Chinese takeout type of food this place is the best- no comparison. I no longer live in Georgetown but every so often make the trip because I cannot find comparable quality and value in Toronto.....yes, believe it or not.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ric L
Orangeville, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is where I go for a special treat, just because I live 45 mins away now, otherwise I would have it weekly. Everything is good! I go to the Georgetown, ON location.

1 Thank Wildernestmamma
Ontario, Canada
“I cannot understand how this restaurant stays in business....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband placed an order for delivery last night, and I have to say that we have NEVER had poorer service!!!!!
He called the restaurant at 7:30 PM, as we had friends over after attending the local parade. Our order was just shy of $100.00, so you can imagine our surprise an hour later, that our order still had not arrived. After calling the restaurant, my husband was told that his order was out for delivery, and not to be surprised as normal delivery times are 1.5 hours for an order of our size?????
At 9:00pm, he called again, and this time he was told that his order was sitting at the restaurant waiting for him to pick up and had been ready for some time.
Needless to say, he was not impressed and the manager/owner had zero intention of taking any responsibility or ownership of the situation. He offered us a discount (for food that has allegedly now been sitting under a heat lamp for 40 minutes????) which would make our bill $95.00.....seriously? Our discount is the exact same price as it was when we placed the order????
We told the restaurant that we were more than happy for them to keep our order and to not have any expectations of anyone we know (or who will listen), to do business with them.
The unfortunate part is that we are extremely loyal to our local economy and support it whenever we can, and know most business owners on the main street by first name.
I have heard enough bad reviews to cover every finger and every toe that I have, and feel it's a complete disservice to our community to allow a business to continue its less than satisfactory service levels without a scathing review.
If this business cares so little about the locals who try and support them, then how can anyone feel that they would put higher efforts into the food that they serve???
The best thing about this experience is that the House of Buddha didn't receive a single dime of our hard-earned money.

• Visited November 2012