“Excellent as always!”

Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Georgetown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Owner & Chef Brady came to our table (and many others) to personally check on our experience. Service was excellent, food was great too. Only downfall was rude customer that offered to buy our toddler a shot of whiskey as she was talking quite a bit.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Food is prepared by a chef who really cares. We went with friends and all 4 of us were pleased with our meals. Steak and chicken dishes came with beautiful vegetables. Ravioli dish was reported to be delicious and the Mac and crab makes a nice light meal. We all enjoyed the tomatoe bacon soup, and a cup size is quite large. The atmosphere is nice too, exposed brick and elegant furnishings.

The service was very pleasant and efficient.

At first I gave it 4 stars, but thought very good wasn't fair. I upped it to 5 stars because the meal was flawless and the atmosphere and servers added to the enjoyment of our evening.

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed February 12, 2012

While the food was excellent as always, I strongly recommend some training for the waitstaff.
At one point, during a second cup of coffee, there was two empty wine glasses, two empty water glasses, an empty wine bottle, an empty water bottle, an empty special coffee glass, two side plates, and assorted silverware on our table. We had even pushed all of these items to the outside of the table, hoping the server would notice, and start removing some items. She did look down at the items while refilling my coffee, but made no attempt to remove any items. The bottled water was emptied before our entrees arrived, no attempt to sell us another was made.
Our server told us that she was new, but basic training would dictate that table maintenance is one of many service keys. I also believe at a restaurant of this cost, the servers should be wearing dress pants, not a lululemon style stretchy pant.
I would give The Cellar another chance, because of the excellent food, but if I found no improvement in the quality of service, I would be forced to pick a new favorite Georgetown restaurant.

4  Thank Gman88039
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We have been to the The Cellar on several occasions. The atmosphere is okay however certain areas are either too bright or too dim. If there is a large crowd and they are a bit loud you will not be able to hear the others at your table very well! The food itself is very tasty...that is the best part of the restaurant. The servers are young and inexperienced. Although they do try they are not very professional (especially considering the cost!) My husband ordered their house special which was venison. There was no mention of the cost and we were surprised to find it so expensive. We will continue to try the restaurant out again and I hope that they can make improvements to the issues as commented!

4  Thank Lovetravelalot999
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Expect to pay, but it is yummy.

We had set out to do a normal dinner, starter, entree, dessert but then settled on the decadent dinner for two with seafood etc.

It was very tasty but it ain't cheap.

It is a nice place with alright service. Although don't count on great service considering the prices. The waitress doesn't clear the table properly and you are surrounded by empty glasses and cutlery etc. This does make it hard to enjoy the dessert.

Anyway, very nice overall.

1  Thank LBTravelReviews