“Ribs dry and overlooked”

Hungry Hollow Smokehouse and Grille
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We are a southern style BBQ restaurant, offering pulled pork, ribs, brisket, chicken, all smoked "low and slow". If you'r in Georgetown you have to stop in and say hello, and try the BBQ that everyone is talking about.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The ribs were so overlooked that I couldn't chew anymore to finish three ribs, the fries were also overlooked and many were burnt.

The cornbread was also dry and I think we're day olds. The burnt ends were good though. The owner was sarcastic when ordering so I didn't send the ribs back which I should have, they were almost unedible.

Will spend my money somewhere else.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

it very hard to give a review when the bun was factory produced and the pulled pork was hard to taste due to lack of meat.
Hope they improve.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place! Only been there once, but can't wait to go back. Food was great service was even better. Very friendly and quick. If you love meat you have to tey this place.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love this place! We first tried over a yr ago and has been a frequently requested eat-in and take out dinner spot ever since.
Reasonable prices and good sized proportions are besides the point. This is the best darn BBQ I've had short of my own. I am an accomplished BBQ/Grill cook but I do not always feel like waiting 6-8 hours for the ribs or pulled pork to cook to perfection.

All of the menu items are tasty but the Dream Burger is definitely my fave. Your burger is cooked to order with cheese, bacon and pulled pork! Add some house sauce (there are 7-8 different kinds) and it is HEAVEN ON A BUN!!!
Poutine is kicked up a notch...take freshly cut potatoes, perfectly deep fried then smothered in gravy and cheese curds and topped with....slow-cooked pulled pork! Delicious!!
I absolutely dare you to try the "Cuckoos Nest" Challenge...3 of the above mentioned Dream burgers on a bed of "Redneck Poutine". Reasonably priced at $40, you get one hour to eat by yourself or 2 can do it in 30 minutes. Don't be surprised if you can't finish. there is no shame. But if you wimp out, you can bring a couple more friends to share as this challenge is easily enought food for 3-4 grown men.

We stopped in on a Fri evening once for a pick up and the owner/pit master was walking around with ribs straight from the smoker to much while we were waiting for our order. They were delish. They have an all u can eat ribs special on Tue nights for $25. That is for my next visit!

Try it... you'll be back for sure.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had heard about this place from friends, so i decided to try it out and was very happy with my visit, The food was delicious, the portions are great, The decor is great and very warm feeling, The staff were great and friendly, It appears to be family friendly as there were a number of families in there and after listening to the comments they have been there before and keep coming back, This place should be on You Gotta Eat Here... will be back again and bring friends.