“older but clean”

Best Western Halton Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very clean and comfortable,but old. A drive up to your room type hotel. Really my only complaint was check in. it took twenty minutes in line to get to the clerk. He was polite but that was it. I only hope it was his 1st day. Not again. Lucky they have no competition.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Best Western hotel chain and found the rooms comfortable and clean. The hotel in Orilla - the Mariposa had a lovely pool - not too deep - and we had the pool to ourselves for at least an hour.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel needs updating - interior & exterior For the price we paid this hotel should be a 4* however it looks like a cheap motel. Staff was very slow and did not check in promptly. Went upstairs to my room & had to wait 5 minutes as they were still cleaning out my room! It was already 40 minutes past check in and had to wait! Had a wedding to go to and get ready.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is not really what you expect from a Best Western. It is a bit like a Norman Bates Motel with a lick of paint (and better showers!). On the plus side, it was clean, and if your travel needs take you to Georgetown, Ontario, it is convenient. But, seriously, it is way over-priced. We paid about $120 a night for a three night stay in July. I would rate the accommodation as more or less what I would expect at about half that price - maybe up to $80/night. Last time we came, we stayed in Brampton. We paid the same rate for a better hotel that was still not that much to write home about, but we did use the HotLine "mystery hotel" option, which dropped the price a fair bit. But it is a long drive every day into Georgetown. My travel needs will almost certainly take me back to Georgetown again, and I will not be looking forward to staying here again. I will be looking for an alternative, but then again, I looked for one this time and was not successful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Talos
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The date: June 8th

My wife and myself along with 2 other couples were to attend a charity function (Children's Hospital and youth groups in the community) on June 8th in George Town....The function was cancelled the week of for reasons unknown...We had already had the rooms booked (x3) and a van to transport us to the function...At the time we had a personal family crisis and my wife completely forgot to cancel the room...but did so on the day of....She spoke to one of the managers on shift that day and she was told.." Because our hotel is fully booked we have no problem cancelling your reservation and your money will be refunded for all 3 rooms"...

When we received our credit card statement we noticed that the $440.00 was not refunded...my wife called immediately to find out why this charge was still showing on our statement....She actually spoke to the shift manager at the time she called to cancel...we got nowhere...at that pointI decided to throw my hat into the ring and asked to speak to the manager ( owner )...

Manager. " do you have a cancel confirmation number"
Myself. " no...we didn't think we needed one"
Manager..." I can't refund your money because of late notification "

This went back and forth for approximately 20 mins and.....long story short the hotel will not be refunding us our money anytime soon ..so I have decided to send a letter to the editor of "The Independent" ...local newspaper in George Town...hopefully this will expose what type of business or operation they are running when quick cash takes the place of reputation and franchise integrity.

Signed : Extremely Disappointed

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Massimo B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Inn On The Hill from June 6-9, 2013. I was there for a festival which was being held in the area and this hotel was the most convenient to the event (and also the cheapest). Overall it was a nice hotel for the price (it's not a 5-star type of hotel - it's a Best Western). After we checked in things went well. It took an unbelievably long time to get checked in, however. I don't think the front desk clerk was new, but he did seem overwhelmed (there were a total of three of us checking into two rooms). The room itself was acceptable; clean and in good condition - although the shower went hot/cold intermittently and without warning. Other than that, it was a fine place to sleep for a couple of nights!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The INn on the Hill is a Best Western squeezed into a previous motel.
Therefore everything is sort of squeezed a little smaller, including the rooms, which for instance don't have room for a desk or a real armchair. The "business centre" was really a 20 sq. ft.space under a stairway (and the connection didn't work). The breakfast room has four tables, the "fitness center" two machines.
But everything is otherwise nice and pleasant, well up to Best Western standards. Service is also pleasant, although I would guess that the hotel is understaffed, the front desk being vacant a lot of the time. Breakfast is just adequate (no warm items).
There aren't many hotels between Toronto Airport and Guelph, so this is probably the best bet, if not the only bet.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back. NOt only will the road noise be close to nil, but, since the Inn on the Hill...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
66087, Manager at Best Western Halton Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear JPC 1628

Thank you for staying at our hotel and providing your valued feedback. Although our hotel may be small we do provide modern necessities. Our King Size Non-Smoking rooms include a desk and an armchair along with a microwave and a fridge for our guests convenience. Our four piece Fitness center includes a treadmill, a stepper,a bike, a versatile weight machine and as well as a mat for stretching. Our Continental Breakfast features both hot and cold options with hard boiled eggs, yogurt, muffins and freshly made hot waffles. Since your input we have remodeled our business centre, thank-you for your suggestion. We pride ourselves on offering a convenient location for your travel needs that offers a gorgeous view of our scenic woodlands behind the hotel. We hope that you will choose the Best Western Inn on the Hill for your next stay in the area so that we may meet and exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton
Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga
Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga
#51 of 61 in Mississauga
Stone Edge Estate Bed & Breakfast

Been to Best Western Halton Hills? Share your experiences!