Best Western Halton Hills
Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale(Mississauga)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleanin townrecommend this hotelstaff was friendlyfront desk staffno elevatorwater pressureno chargelots of parkingthe breakfast areathe ground floorbooked this hotelsmall townwide varietygreat customer servicea bit pricey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in town for a funeral, Boo.

Beds were soft. Water pressure was good and A/C was a life saver. 36 c when we arrived in Toronto.
Housekeeping were a friendly crew and had good suggestions for restaurants in town. Every staff member greeted us with at the very least a "Hello" wherever we went in the building.

Read some reviews about A/C noise and I wonder if these folks didn't mean the generator on the roof (assuming we were all in room 212 or nearby). There had better be a generator on the roof or somebody's up to no good up there!
The generator runs in cycles. Sometimes it's in sync with the A/C. Depends on when you turn on the A/C.
If you set the A/C on "Auto" it cycles. If you leave it "On", maybe you get used to it as white noise. And your room is nice and chilly.

Coming from western Canada, we enjoyed all the freaky cable channels. Of course, some of that was the local news, but we appreciated the distraction.

We reserved through the BW web site and there were no problems with check in. I asked for an extra pillow, and that's about how much we bothered the staff after that.
We didn't hit the breakfast buffet due to Family obligations. I would have been pleased with a nice bowl of Raisin Bran and some Toast at the hotel but Family obligations won out.

I liked this place and will surely stay next time.

That said, this is a beautiful region and if you have the chance, drive all over the place and see astounding and wonderful things. Then come back and turn on the A/C. It's hot out there.

Room Tip: First floor for easy access and less noise. Generator on the roof runs in cycles and can be annoying. There is less noise on the East side (back of hotel) but not so much noise on the West side, really.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank loonsatlarge_123
66087, General Manager at Best Western Halton Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear loonsatlarge_123,

Thank you for your kind feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated and will be shared with all of our team. We are sorry to hear of your loss and we hope the next time you stay with us is under happier circumstances.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Comfy beds, nice continental breakfast. Decent sized rooms. Wish there was a pool or playground for the kids.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Pet37,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are always striving to improve on our guests' experience and your comments are helpful in that regard.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

First the fridge rattled when it was running - not nice but I'll survive. Second the heating/ac unit rattled ALOT when it was running - also not nice and now sleeping is difficult. Then THIRD, and best of all, the toilet wouldn't flush!!! We had to take the back off of the toilet and put our hand inside to flush it!!! DISGUSTING!!!! Add all of these together and this is just NOT acceptable. Management didn't care. 'Ghee, sorry but too bad". Folks - its worth the drive to Brampton or Mississauga - the rates are better and the hotel maintenance is better!! MUCH BETTER!!! We will NEVER stay there again and I would advise anybody to stay away as well. Gross!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lori m

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. All three of your concerns listed could have been dealt with, if the front desk had been notified. This would have allowed us to contact our maintenance staff and remedy the issues. We are sorry that you considered your interaction with our staff as apathetic but please believe we sincerely care about the comfort of our guests. In the future please contact the front desk and we can help by either remedying the situation or changing you to a more suitable room. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will strive to provide all our guests with service that exceeds their expectations in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This motel is comfortable and clean but dated and could use a face lift. The rooms are small, beds are comfortable but two doubles are tight in such small rooms. The motel is sited away from a busy highway and is nevertheless quiet.

The buffet breakfast is supermarlet bought cheap pastries and could be a little more interesting.

A nice touch was the desk calling to make sure the room was comfortable shortly after check-in.

Room Tip: Great Pancake restaurant about a kilometer from the motel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank IntSommelier

Dear IntSommelier,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on our hotel. We are continuing to update the hotel and since your stay we have added many more breakfast options. We are particularly glad you enjoyed the peace and quiet of our hotel that overlooks a 400-acre conservation area. We hope you choose our establishment for your next stay in the Halton Hills area.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I recently had the need to visit Georgetown, Ontario for about eight weeks. The firm I was there working with recommended the Best Western to stay at and I spent three to four nights a week over that two month period at this property.

When you stay somewhere for that length of time you get to see all there is to see and experience, good and not so good. I have to be honest, there was virtually no negatives that I saw during my two month stay here. Most are nit-picks which I'll get to.

My room was a basic room, one queen bed that was plenty comfortable. The room was clean and the housekeeper always kept it perfect for me. I never experienced noisy neighbors but that happens even in the best of hotels. I've stayed in five star hotel properties where the police had to be called more than once because of rowdy people so it happens.

I used the fitness room and where small, it's basic and gets the job done. The hotel sits back off the road so I did not hear traffic at all. The staff there was always very nice and accommodated any need that arose quickly. I even left clothing in the drawers when I checked out one week to visit my sister-in-law and called them the next day about it. When I got back, it was waiting for me, all nicely wrapped up and handed to me with a smile.

The continental breakfast is very basic (that's what a continental breakfast is folks) but fine for me. I was holding the carbs down so I stayed away from the waffles and ate cold cereal and hard boiled eggs, fruit, etc. It was always very filling and I had more than enough. Plenty of hot coffee, juice, etc. was available. My major nit-pick would be that the night manager was sometimes slow to open up promptly and I had a tight time schedule I had to meet. He was generally back surfing the net on the computer or still napping in the office and there would be a line of workmen outside the front door waiting to get in to eat. After clicking car keys on the glass door for ten minutes, he'd show up and let us in. But the breakfast area had been prepared earlier so we were able to sit right down and eat.

All in all, I had no trouble or issues with Best Western On The Hill and would gladly stay there again. Remember, this is an older, basic motel, not a resort or five star property. I would have given it one more star but for the morning late breakfast issue and the need for the rooms to be renovated.

Room Tip: If you have the choice, ask for a top floor room on one of the ends on the back side of the property. This will give you less chance of being under or near loud neighbors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sounddude

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel for your long term accommodation needs. We pride ourselves on giving our guests a positive lasting impression, so we would like to apologize for the wait you experienced because of our night staff. The issue has been remedied as we have hired new team members that are working hard to ensure a great overall stay for all of our guests.