“Clean and Comfy”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Georgetown
Whitby Ontario
“Clean and Comfy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Being the only hotel in Georgetown, you really don't have a choice but to stay here. I recently spent 3 nights in this hotel and have no complaints about cleanliness or service by the front desk. The room was clean and comfortable with lots of light. Window in room did open which is a great feature when in a hotel. The area is quiet and location is close to stores and restaurants. I was on 2nd floor and the only drawback is there is no elevator to get luggage upstairs however one of the front desk staff did offer to help.
There are a couple of areas that do need to be looked at. On check in I was asked to pay the bill up front to save desk time when I checked out??? and I was also told that even though my room was in the front on second floor the parking spaces in front of hotel were for "guests" so I need to park at the side of the building or at the back. I did park at the back and the first morning I had a pile of garbage bags blocking my entry to car and the second day I had a huge puddle of water blocking entry to my trunk (I am not sure what water was from but it was only around my car).
The only complaint I had was a very loud "fan" (I assume it was on the roof) would come on at about 7:30 pm and continue through the night. This was a little irritating. I did inform the Front desk on checkout and they assured me Maintenance would be notified. I do recommend this hotel to any Georgetown travellers.

Room Tip: 2nd floor king bed room is the only way to go
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Satisfied37
66087, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Halton Hills, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is important as it assists us in maintaining and improving our high standards. We hope you will visit us again the next time
you are in the area.
The team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Guelph, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was very disapointed when I arrived at this accomodation, because it did not meet my expections from what I had seen online. The motel most definitely needed to be updated, both the interior and exterior were very rundown looking. The taller gentleman at the front desk did not provide us with adequate customer service. The rooms themselves were average, however they appeared clean. During our two night stay, the blonde lady who cleaned our was very friendly and attentive, we did recieve clean towels everday. However, the continental breakfast was not very good, as there wasn't much of a selection, and the pasteries they did offer were extremely dry. This accomodation hardly had any amenities, not even a pool! I felt that i was overcharged for what I got. Overall, I was not happy with the Best Western Inn On The Hill and would not stay there again nor reccomend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
66087, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Halton Hills, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
We are concerned about your comments/ratings as outlined in the survey.
We usually provide a welcome call to ensure guests are satisfied with their accommodations.
We were not made aware of your displeasure during your stay or at check-out, allowing us to
address your concerns.
We do apologize for not meeting your expectations.
The team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Very nice units and cost effective. Close to Toronto allows for visiting the city and have good rooms without the high prices of a big city

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blubird65
66087, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Halton Hills, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback and patronage. We are glad you were comfortable with the room and our location. We hope to see you again soon!
Warmest regards, the Team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill
Brasschaat, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in winter. Breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had. Friendly staff and cleanliness ok. Unfortunately couldn't catch sleep neither of the two nights as the airco kept switching on and off every 2 minutes, asked to change rooms but has the same issue in the other room. Technician came to check and said it was normal. Maybe ok for other travellers but I couldn't catch sleep in combination with light jetlag. The only ok place in downtown Georgetown though.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your patronage and kind feedback. We hope to see you soon!
Warmest regards, the Team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while we worked as photographers for a local wedding. Our room was at the back on the second floor. I had read reviews and as a result, did not expect much. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel does perhaps need a bit of an update, but the furniture in our room was in great condition. The room and washroom were very clean. When it's just a place to lay my head for the night, that's all that really mattered anyway. The bed was comfortable & we slept well. We received the requested wake up call at 6AM & had the continental breakfast in the little room just off the lobby. It was nothing fancy, but it was enough & the coffee was good.
As for the staff, we found them to be professional & friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank snowdespisers
66087, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Halton Hills, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.
The Team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill
Pembroke, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

There were a few problems with this place. When we showed up at the Inn we told the receptionist that we had a reservation. She told us it was booked for the previous night. We appoligized for the typo that we made and asked for a room for the night. We were given a room and charged full price for the night we had missed and the night we stayed. We were told that they would not refund us anything for the missed night. I feel that was unfair as it was an unintentional mistake and even the corporate Head Office Customer Service Department for Best Western thought this was unreasonable when I spoke to them but couldn't reimburse me funds as the Inn is privatley owned and operated. The second problem was the room. The large gap in the bottom of the door that lets sunlight and cold November air in gives a terrible first impression. The last problem we had was we took a bag of garbage to the lobby as it was leftovers from dinner and didn't want it in the room for the night. They wouldn't take the bag, we were told to put it in the small courtesy garbage can in front of the lobby office. It was too small to fit the takeout containers and so our bag of garbage sat beside the garbage can all night. The customer service in this place is non-existent and I will never stay there again. I will drive the extra 45 minutes to Guelph from now on and stay at a different hotel chain. Best Western inn on the Hill has lost my business. They are a complete money grab operation!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
66087, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Halton Hills, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
We are disappointed that twice we tried to make you happy by offering you compensation and
still you are not satisfied. It was clearly your error, the reservation was indeed booked for the wrong day. We seldom receive any complaints about no show charges as it is standard
industry practice.
Miramichi, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because it is the only one in the immediate area of downtown Georgetown. About 20 minutes after I was checked in I went to have a shower and stepped into the tub and it was like grease, I did not even get my other foot in, I fell on my side against the tub and was hurt. I informed the front desk and management and really had no feeling that they cared at all. I asked to have the management called me since they were not in when I was there, but after a few days I had to call back. the day after I fell I was in such pain I could barely walk I asked to extend my stay a few hours past checkout to wait for my taxi ride and girlfriend, and I was given a hard time and even asked at first to pay a fee for this. The management basically told me to contact thier insurance company and did nothing to help make amends. I did not want to make a legal action or even ill feelings as accidents can happen but the lack of concern and care and feelings show that all they care about is my credit card.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brampton
Days Inn Brampton
Days Inn Brampton
#6 of 12 in Brampton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Brampton

Been to BEST WESTERN Halton Hills? Share your experiences!