“Very nice accommodations and location, will visit again in the fall”

Best Western Halton Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Very nice units and cost effective. Close to Toronto allows for visiting the city and have good rooms without the high prices of a big city

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blubird65
66087, Front Office Manager at Best Western Halton Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback and patronage. We are glad you were comfortable with the room and our location. We hope to see you again soon!
Warmest regards, the Team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill

There are newer reviews for Best Western Halton Hills

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in winter. Breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had. Friendly staff and cleanliness ok. Unfortunately couldn't catch sleep neither of the two nights as the airco kept switching on and off every 2 minutes, asked to change rooms but has the same issue in the other room. Technician came to check and said it was normal. Maybe ok for other travellers but I couldn't catch sleep in combination with light jetlag. The only ok place in downtown Georgetown though.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your patronage and kind feedback. We hope to see you soon!
Warmest regards, the Team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill

Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while we worked as photographers for a local wedding. Our room was at the back on the second floor. I had read reviews and as a result, did not expect much. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel does perhaps need a bit of an update, but the furniture in our room was in great condition. The room and washroom were very clean. When it's just a place to lay my head for the night, that's all that really mattered anyway. The bed was comfortable & we slept well. We received the requested wake up call at 6AM & had the continental breakfast in the little room just off the lobby. It was nothing fancy, but it was enough & the coffee was good.
As for the staff, we found them to be professional & friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank snowdespisers
66087, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Halton Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Your feedback is important as it assists us in maintaining and improving our high standards.
We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

There were a few problems with this place. When we showed up at the Inn we told the receptionist that we had a reservation. She told us it was booked for the previous night. We appoligized for the typo that we made and asked for a room for the night. We were given a room and charged full price for the night we had missed and the night we stayed. We were told that they would not refund us anything for the missed night. I feel that was unfair as it was an unintentional mistake and even the corporate Head Office Customer Service Department for Best Western thought this was unreasonable when I spoke to them but couldn't reimburse me funds as the Inn is privatley owned and operated. The second problem was the room. The large gap in the bottom of the door that lets sunlight and cold November air in gives a terrible first impression. The last problem we had was we took a bag of garbage to the lobby as it was leftovers from dinner and didn't want it in the room for the night. They wouldn't take the bag, we were told to put it in the small courtesy garbage can in front of the lobby office. It was too small to fit the takeout containers and so our bag of garbage sat beside the garbage can all night. The customer service in this place is non-existent and I will never stay there again. I will drive the extra 45 minutes to Guelph from now on and stay at a different hotel chain. Best Western inn on the Hill has lost my business. They are a complete money grab operation!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
66087, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Halton Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2010

We are disappointed that twice we tried to make you happy by offering you compensation and
still you are not satisfied. It was clearly your error, the reservation was indeed booked for the wrong day. We seldom receive any complaints about no show charges as it is standard
industry practice.

Reviewed September 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because it is the only one in the immediate area of downtown Georgetown. About 20 minutes after I was checked in I went to have a shower and stepped into the tub and it was like grease, I did not even get my other foot in, I fell on my side against the tub and was hurt. I informed the front desk and management and really had no feeling that they cared at all. I asked to have the management called me since they were not in when I was there, but after a few days I had to call back. the day after I fell I was in such pain I could barely walk I asked to extend my stay a few hours past checkout to wait for my taxi ride and girlfriend, and I was given a hard time and even asked at first to pay a fee for this. The management basically told me to contact thier insurance company and did nothing to help make amends. I did not want to make a legal action or even ill feelings as accidents can happen but the lack of concern and care and feelings show that all they care about is my credit card.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I frequently visit Georgetown;always stay at this excellent hotel. I am puzzled by the reviewer who wrote that there is no breakfast, just a coffee machine, as I always enjoy my breakfast in the pleasant breakfast-room which is so clearly visible off the lobby. Equally puzzling was the claim that there is no business centre as that is where I am writing this review!
I also fail to see the point of including a criticism of a nearby restaurant which isnot a part of the hotel.
Don't be put of f by a silly review; this is the place to stay in Georgetown.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really do appreciate your comments. We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We enjoyed staying there, loved the continental breakfast! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
It was our pleasure having you stay with us.
The Team at the Best Western Inn on the Hill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milton Ontario
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
Best Western Plus Milton
Best Western Plus Brampton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton
Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Halton Hills? Share your experiences!