“Delicious Food, Decor Needs Updating”
Review of Mattina's Cucina - CLOSED

Mattina's Cucina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Ontario
“Delicious Food, Decor Needs Updating”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

the food here is fantastic....... .but the ambiance needs MUCH improvement.
Fake tacky flowers and greenery hanging from the ceiling....carpet from the 70s...table clothes from the 80s and cutlery from the 90s
A few easy changes would do wonders for the atmosphere !

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank marriedinmexico

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Excellence so close to home”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have wanted to drop in for a meal at Mattina's Cucina for years.
Sadly I always left it until the last minute and by then they were all booked up.
There is a really good reason for that as I found out when I finally ate there.
The food is simply brilliant, Paul and his crew create very tasty, very well presented dishes.
My daughter and I have the luxury of first trying a meal there and it was excellent.
When my wife, daughter and myself went back again the service, food at atmosphere was even better. Paul seems to have the ability to serve up a very entertaining meal not matter what the ingredients, he has a great imagination when it comes to pairing up foods, I even looked at one combination with a slightly odd look only to be completely surprised at how delicious it was.
The wine list is very limited but you can find something to go with all the different meals.
The deserts are very fresh and varied so you'll have no trouble finding something there.
All in all a great dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto
“Excellent restaurant- great food and great hosts”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my husband and I's favorite place for dinner out in Georgetown. You usually do need to make reservations since it is small, but that is what makes this place nice. A perfect spot for a date night or dinner with friends. Love the pasta dishes (I think we have tired them all!) and the salads are great. Tiramisu and creme brulee are my favorite desserts here. Paul and his wife are very friendly hosts and always make us feel welcome.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SnoopyToronto
Oakville, Canada
“No where near a 4 star. Food you can cook at home better”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Small tables in a converted house. The spaghetti and meat balls is not outstanding as is touted by them. It's what I make at home which is OK and i could do better if i was a chef. The pasta special stuffed with ricotta and meat is mediocre at best. The table cloth is plastic covered with a decorative cloth. 2 1/2 star to 3. Service is acceptable but not great. However the owner (chef) )was very hospitable and welcoming for our first. I would rethink going back. But you might give it a try yourself

• Visited December 2012
Georgetown, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Really good food, and owner Paul very friendly and checked out our table personally. Only downside is atmosphere of restaurant and loud table of businessmen that interrupted an otherwise lovely meal.