“A pleasant get-away with excellent food and service”

The Keefer Mansion Events Estate Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thorold
The Keefer Mansion Events Estate Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Thorold B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked in for dinner, stay and breakfast and were very pleased. The room was quaint and well outfitted (even a welcome treat) and the service was very friendly. The history of the building was well displayed and very interesting. Both meals were very good. Highlights included large shrimp, an extremely tender cut of beef and excellent waffles.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view towards the canal. If the weather is suitable, there are brochures outli...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I, along with two of our good friends recently hosted our annual Halloween party at the Keefer Mansion Inn! From our first meeting with Lynn Beaudry, Keefer's Events Manager, we knew we had found the perfect location for our event! We pre-booked all 8 guestrooms and it took no time at all for a few of our lucky guests to jump at the chance for an overnight stay at this beautiful place. This historic place employs a wonderful staff of caring and attention-to-detail oriented people. We were extremely impressed with their willingness to participate in our event, whether it be Lindsay and the other waitstaff dressed up in costume or Danny, the night caretaker, generously donating his time to tour guests around the upper levels of the home with an accompanying history lesson for us all. All staff is to be commended for their hard work in making our event a memorable one!!
In total we had over 60 guests at our Halloween party and everyone was more than impressed with the ambience, the food and the service. The pulled pork sliders were the biggest hit of the night, not to mention the "eyeball" cookies custom made by the chef. In closing, if you are looking for a place to host a small gathering of business colleagues, a wedding or a larger party such as ours, I would recommend the Keefer Mansion Inn. It's Niagara's best kept secret, no doubt!

Room Tip: The rooms are very unique in decor and no two are the same. They also vary in size, so be sure to sp...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Karen S
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We decided to have dinner at the Keefer Mansion Inn last night and were absolutely impressed beyond words with our meal. In fact, we are going back for lunch today!! Our waitress was incredible and in addition to being a wonderful waitress, was a wonderful hostess as well. She shared the history of the Keefer Mansion Inn (fascinating!) and when we asked if we could see a room, she graciously took us upstairs to have a look. Rooms are gorgeous!

I have had many relatives stay at the Keefer Mansion Inn, when visiting from out of town and they still talk about it everytime I see them.

This place a true jewel in the Niagara Region!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Canopy bed, and claw foot bathtub!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lovemytent
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Good time there near by St. Catherines, fantastic stay with great breakfast and fine dining. Great staff, great service, very comfortable room. Perfect experience! Keefer Mansion will offer you a quiet and nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph G
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A great old-fashioned inn, with a charming atmosphere. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, the room was comfortable, and the breakfast was great. They even filled up my travel mug before I left! One of the best inns I have experienced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Fantastic find. I was in St. Catharines on business. It was an unexpected trip and I didn't book a hotel before the trip. Since is was October I didn't think it would be a problem to get a room at the hotel I normally stay at. It was. The desk agent suggested Keefer Mansion. I was extremely impressed with the stay. Close to the city centre, great staff, great service, very comfortable room.

Will stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My Name is Jeff, a new addition to The Keefer Mansion Inn , I assure you my number one goal is to provide fresh , exciting and high quality food. YOU are my number one in my list of priorities and look so forward to having you return or visit us for the first time .. i personallyThank You

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends