“Comforting home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorold
Cleveland OH
“Comforting home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel continues to maintain its high level of friendliness, attentiveness, and overall comfort. It has become a regular stop on my journey home from Toronto as the trip just is a bit too long when encountering Toronto's rush hours. The hotel is very well-maintained and clean, and cleaned by a very friendly and kind crew, as is the front desk staff each time I've visited. Although I didn't personally have interest in it, the hotel is now home to a Spa. The free and plentiful parking is a relief compared to the prices of Toronto. Rooms are spacious. My only disappointment is that they have stopped serving the French silk pie, and don't even have apple! And I regret to admit that the pizza I thought was worthy of a 3 hour drive just to get a slice, was not up to par this past trip...perhaps a new chef, or some skimping on the sauce?

Also, although this was resolved as promised, I ordered the items on the continental breakfast, and said that was what I was ordering...when the order came (via room service) and I was asked to sign the check, I noticed the total was nearly double...there was some vague excuse about how everything was put on separately, but it was quickly amended.

Most important of all...this hotel warmly welcomes canine kids...I will not travel without mine, and they make it all the easier.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your visits to our hotel. We certainly value your patronage. I apologize for the pizza not quite being up to par and will certainly pass your comments along to the Executive Chef. I will see what I can do about the return of the French Silk Pie. I might have some pull in this area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

This hotel was amazing. The suites felt huge to me. A kitchenette and couch, two tv's, two lovely beds- we were in heaven. There were families across the hall with 5 members and they were very comfortable. We LOVED it! The staff was professional, helpful and courteous. It's far from the falls but for us that was fine- about 20 minutes. It is very close to the university. I had the time of my life just enjoying the very comfortable beds by sleeping in and then driving to the various venues in the region- wineries, Butterfly Conservatory and Niagara Falls. The only negative would be, the poor spa is empty and the restaurant's food was very average. Breakfast did not seem to be made with care. And there is a roomservice charge, included gratuity and they expect you to tip on top- a little shady. But apart from the businesses within the hotel, the hotel itself has a fine thing going for it. KEEP IT UP! We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
I would like to thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you had a wonderful time when you were visiting the area. We do have spa packages available especially during the winter months for a great getaway! I hope that you can return and enjoy another relaxing weekend with us.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Great staff and clean hotel. Second night microwave did not work, within 5 minutes front desk had someone replace it. Any request was granted ASAP. McDonalds across street for Breakfast, Tim Horton seems to be the big deal for locals, did not see the hype on donuts and teir coffee cups was much smaller. In comparison to the local places to eat, Hotel price for meals was not bad and the service was excellent. swimming pool is a bit small .FREE Parking was good, Niagara area most hotles charge $10 to $20 per day for parking.
Please exchange your currency before you go. The attractions are giving you $1 US to $1 Canadian and some are charging 5 cents on the dollar to use US currency.
I read good reviews about this hotel before I book and they were right about the clean rooms and good staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bklyngirl13
Thank you for the great comments on your stay and the hotel. We certianly appreciate the feedback. I hope that you can join us again with a relaxing spa weekend getaway or for one of our many area festivals such as Niagara Wine Fesitval or the Ice Wine Fesitval.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Stayed here rather than the more expensive hotels in Niagara Falls. Staff all around were friendly and most willing to please. The hotel is only 10 or 15 minutes away from the busy Niagara Falls area. So if you are looking for something quiet and reasonable this is the place. Kids enjoyed the pool as did the adults enjoy the spa pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NelsonKid
Thank you for taking the time to psot your review online. I'm happy that your family had a wonderful time. Hope to see you again soon!
Woolmer Green Stevenage
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We chose to stay here as we were visiting family in the area and have stayed in both Niagara on the Lake and Niagara Falls before. This hotel met all our requirements of location (easy driving to the Falls and relatives in St Catherines) and a family suite (a lot of the Lake hotels don't seem to have big family rooms). The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast was good. The staff were helpful and polite, especially our breakfast waitress who recommended a magic show in Niagara Falls (Greg Frewin) - something I would never have personally considered but I have to say it was a good night out for all ages.

1 Thank Halibut51
I will certainly pass along your comments to the wait staff. I'm am delighted that they were able to make your visit fun. Our family suites with two bedrooms, two washrooms plus a living room and kitchette make it convenient and easy for travelling with kids. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We recently chose to stay at this wonderful hotel as one of our children will be attending Brock University this fall, and we needed to visit the campus. We were not disappointed in any way by this hotel! The location was second to none for us (it was a two minute drive to the parking lot), the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was fantastic!! We were in a family suite and everyone in our party agreed the stay was worth every cent! A short drive took us to Port Dalhausie, and what a gem that place is too.We look forward to returning several times in the next 5 years!

1 Thank calOntario
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the great experience you had at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!
st. catharines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had lunch at the In Piazza restaurant in the Four Points hotel.
As a local I've been told by many friends that the restaurant is a hidden gem in St. Catharines. While the food was pretty good, the service was a totally different story.
Our waitree Tricia was very innattentive during our meal. We twice had to ask for our drinks to be refilled and quite honestly she spent most of the time speaking on her cellular phone completely ignoring us and the other people in the restaurant. When we finally got her attention to so we could pay our bill she was coming out of the kitchen with a plate and my husband is positive that he saw her help herself to some french fries from the plate she was carrying. As an older couple who really like to visit our local restaurants I have to say that I was appalled at this waitress' actions. I wanted to speak to the manager but neither myself or my husband saw any evidence that there was any.
We won't be back

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank turned_off_local
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorold
York - Haig
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
4.5 of 5 stars 399 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#10 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
4.0 of 5 stars 1,086 reviews

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!