WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorold
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently spent the night at the Four Points. We arrived at 2 a.m after a flying into Buffalo New York to find our luggage had been lost. We were exhausted and upset. We were met by a great receptionist who provded us with complementary over night kits. The suite we were given was extremely spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. In the morning the helpful front desk staff provided free coffee and voucher for a discount to a pancake breakfast

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank retiredat55_13
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I'm so sorry to read about the airline losing your luggage however I'm glad that we were able to help you out with some basics for you and breakfast to help you get through the morning. Thank you for letting me know of the great job the staff did for you while you were here. I will certainly pass on the comments to them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I travel around the globe on business and stay at many fine hotels. In my opinion this hotel is one of the best values dollar for dollar that I have found. The rooms a extremely clean not to mention spacious! The staff are friendly and the location is not to bad to get to where you want to go. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a good place to stay while in the Niagara area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Christian M
Christian, thank you so much for the awesome review. This is so nice to hear especially from a "seasoned" traveler. I share all the comments with the team here at the hotel and I know they will be happy to read this as well. Have a great weekend!
Kingsville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Terrible reviews are a joke. This hotel is 15 minutes from Niagara Falls. We've gotten rooms at times for $99/nt, including breakfast but that us not always the case. The rooms are all suites with three rooms being a bedroom, bathroom and livingroom. They are great. The onsite restaurant was awesome too. The service at the restaurant and the front desk were terrific. Please, if you have a kids sporting tournament in that area, by all means stay there. I'm getting ready to book there again myself....

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank jeffrey k
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for the great comments on the front desk and dining room associates and the food in the dining room. I'm glad that your time with us was enjoyable and we hope to see you back soon!
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I like this hotel. We've stayed here a number of times, while visiting family in St. Catharines. My favourite part of the hotel is the open atrium, which goes from the ground floor to the top. The place is airy, roomy, and provides a welcome contrast to miserable grey weather. There are also other places in the hotel where skylights beam down from the roof through wide, glassed-in shafts to the ground floor. The hallways are wide and the suites are very large.

We received a very welcoming response when we checked in, and were happy to move into one of the roomy suites on the fourth floor. Both of us brought work with us, so it was good to have a separate room where we could lay out our laptops, files, and notes and work, away from the bedroom.

The free wifi is very easy to access, which is a relief, and parking is free.

Our king bed was fairly comfortable, although we prefer a firmer mattress. But that's just a matter of taste.

Our rate included breakfast, and it was a big one: I had a huge omelette (could eat only half), potatoes, toast, a fruitcup, and tea. My spouse had scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, and tea.

I enjoyed working out in the fitness room. There was never more than one other person there, so I was always able to get onto the elliptical.

The one thing that surprised me is that the suites still contain old-fashioned tv's, with not-very-good-reception. I've been spoiled by other hotels: I've come to expect flat-screen tvs with good reception. It was somewhat disappointing for my spouse to have to watch the hockey game amidst the snow on the screen!

All in all, a good experience, and we will be back.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room on the top floor, far from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Introvertica
We appreciate your comments on all of our unique attributes in the hotel. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just wanted to let you know we are starting a total renovation on property and so yes, those tv's will be changed and new flat screens will be here. I hope you are able to come back and stay with to see our new look.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

While this hotel is older(do hotels really have old style tv's anymore-very basic cable), it is very clean and pleasant. The staff was great and the coffee was good(honestly where is the free breakfast?)
I have one thing to say to the hotel-: please take your guests license plate numbers. There was a car alarm which went on for hours from 2:30 until 4:30 am. They had no way of knowing whose car it was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank March2visitor
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Another beautiful Starwood property, fast & smooth check in and upgraded to the lovely Royal Suite. Going down to check out the hotel restaurant ! Life is good, thank you Sheraton Four Points. Tomorrow we visit a few Canadian Wineries then off to the Falls.

• Stayed November 2012
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived very late. The front desk gave us a nice room. We checked out early. There was plenty of parking. No free breakfast but coffee in the lounge. Free internet and free parking. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorold
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
BEST WESTERN St Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#9 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
#4 of 7 in St. Catharines
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!