“Comfortable and homey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorold
Kingston, Canada
“Comfortable and homey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I like this hotel. We've stayed here a number of times, while visiting family in St. Catharines. My favourite part of the hotel is the open atrium, which goes from the ground floor to the top. The place is airy, roomy, and provides a welcome contrast to miserable grey weather. There are also other places in the hotel where skylights beam down from the roof through wide, glassed-in shafts to the ground floor. The hallways are wide and the suites are very large.

We received a very welcoming response when we checked in, and were happy to move into one of the roomy suites on the fourth floor. Both of us brought work with us, so it was good to have a separate room where we could lay out our laptops, files, and notes and work, away from the bedroom.

The free wifi is very easy to access, which is a relief, and parking is free.

Our king bed was fairly comfortable, although we prefer a firmer mattress. But that's just a matter of taste.

Our rate included breakfast, and it was a big one: I had a huge omelette (could eat only half), potatoes, toast, a fruitcup, and tea. My spouse had scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, and tea.

I enjoyed working out in the fitness room. There was never more than one other person there, so I was always able to get onto the elliptical.

The one thing that surprised me is that the suites still contain old-fashioned tv's, with not-very-good-reception. I've been spoiled by other hotels: I've come to expect flat-screen tvs with good reception. It was somewhat disappointing for my spouse to have to watch the hockey game amidst the snow on the screen!

All in all, a good experience, and we will be back.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room on the top floor, far from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Introvertica
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We appreciate your comments on all of our unique attributes in the hotel. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just wanted to let you know we are starting a total renovation on property and so yes, those tv's will be changed and new flat screens will be here. I hope you are able to come back and stay with to see our new look.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

While this hotel is older(do hotels really have old style tv's anymore-very basic cable), it is very clean and pleasant. The staff was great and the coffee was good(honestly where is the free breakfast?)
I have one thing to say to the hotel-: please take your guests license plate numbers. There was a car alarm which went on for hours from 2:30 until 4:30 am. They had no way of knowing whose car it was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank March2visitor
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Another beautiful Starwood property, fast & smooth check in and upgraded to the lovely Royal Suite. Going down to check out the hotel restaurant ! Life is good, thank you Sheraton Four Points. Tomorrow we visit a few Canadian Wineries then off to the Falls.

• Stayed November 2012
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived very late. The front desk gave us a nice room. We checked out early. There was plenty of parking. No free breakfast but coffee in the lounge. Free internet and free parking. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ON, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My mom and I stayed at the Four Points last weekend...we arrived at 2am and were gone the next morning at 9am so I don't have a lot to comment on.

-The rooms are older but very well maintained. They are comfortable and spacious and I think that the bed was amazing. It felt like I crawled into a cocoon! There was a kitchenette, dining area, sitting area and a bedroom with two queen beds.

-The staff were cheery and helpful...even upon our very late arrival.

I really hope to visit this hotel again in the future and stay there for longer than just a few hours!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice while visiting a student at Brock University. It is conveniently situated right next to the campus. It is also close to the wineries. They seems to offer packages also for visitors to some wineries.
we stayed at a suite with 2 double beds and a sofa bed. There were enough extra pillows and blanket for the sofa bed also. The room was spacious, clean and well lit. Newspaper was delivered to the door every morning.
The TVs are older and upgrade would be nice to have.
There is a full service restaurant below and room service is also available. However, there is a Tim Hortons and McDonalds restaurant across the street for budget minded visitors.
Overall, it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: 4th floor. Also for party of 4, pay the extra few dollars to get the larger suites.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Since I entered the hotel lobby this hotel really surprised me. building an elegant and well maintained, the service provided was very professional made ​​me feel arrived in my own home.
Condition of the hotel room and all the facilities provided were excellent and made me and my family love to stay here to spend the weekend.
TV was old felt we were in the villa :)

8 Thank AlbertSiauw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorold
York - Haig
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#10 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines
3.5 of 5 stars 63 reviews

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!