“home away from home”

Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorold
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Wonderful experience- centrally located within easy drive from the Falls and Niagara on the Lake,this 4 story hotel is only 1.5 hour from Toronto, Away from the "touristy areas". Most comfortable beds and the best shower.Outdoor patio in the restaurant feels like a backyard someplace in Italy. hot tub and pool were great. Spa for massage and facial -coming back next time! Staff-everyone was very nice and welcoming- we got a complimentary cheese and fruit plate upon arrival when they found out it was our wedding anniversary trip.

Room Tip: 2 skylights in room on 4th floor let in light and don't close for the night -if you like to slee...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

I am so happy that you had great weekend away! We are delighted to surprise people when we find out interesting things about them and were happy to have had a chance to do so for your anniversary. We hope that you will be able to join us again in the near future. Take care.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed here while attending a conference at Brock University. Staff were helpful in suggesting things to do in area. Rooms are large, furnishings average. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This has become a regular stop on the long ride home after enduring Toronto rush hour, but you don't need an excuse to enjoy the peace and quiet of this super clean and comfy hotel. It is so nice to have a dependable and spotless place to stay...I don't know how they find so many nice people to work here, or get such dedicated people who are not only kind and friendly, but pay attention to the details when they clean...and this is in the early evening! I actually spotted someone wiping the outside of the elevator door and a window sill!

And dog mom is a sucker for a front desk staff that greets their little one with a treat (I only hope it wasn't made in China due to the contamination/recall issues). We were being sent to a room with 2 beds, but as I travel with a kingsize sheet to cover the bed and prevent leaving any puppy fuzzies, I asked if there might be a room with one bed. This resulted in our having a disabled accessible room, but there was no problem with that...The spaciousness gave my pup some space to play with her ball, and she loved being able to curl up beneath the large desk.

Local and toll free calls are free, so if you get yourself a pre-paid calling card somewhere, you can comfortably call the states for a good value. Parking is also free here.

The bed is probably as comfortable as the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper (or is it the same?). The room had 2 TV's and the reception in the living room wasn't very good, but it didn't matter enough to complain as we were going to watch from bed anyhow.

The hotel has a very nice restaurant and staff. The pizza is delicious, and can be made to go. I was disappointed with the coconut cream pie...I didn't complain as it is possible that it resting for a bit on top of the pizza box may have caused a bit of a melt down...but I put it in the in-room fridge and a couple hours later when I went to have it, it didn't appear like a wedge of pie, but as if it had been a round tart and the sides had collapsed. The whipped cream had mostly melted, and the menu had not conveyed that it was served in a pool of caramel sauce.

The following day I ordered a club sandwich which was presented in triangular halves with the 3rd (unnecessary in my mind) piece of bread. Unfortunately, it tasted as if this roasted turkey had been frozen/thawed as it seemed dry, tough, and a bit water logged. Next time I will opt for breakfast as late as possible. I ordered sweet potato fries as the side, and as they were enclosed in the styro box, with my delay in getting the order they were limp by time I ate...no ones fault but my own on that.

Of note is that the restaurant is very nice about fixing things to go, and the room service menu prices are some of the most reasonable, compared to other hotels.

This hotel is a bit off the regular Niagara Falls route, so there is less tourist commotion, at least when I've stayed...and it was nice and quiet and I was able to sleep in.
Looking forward to returning...and wish so much they were closer.
Outstanding staff.
FYI: Tim Horton's is across the street (as is a McDonalds) and the staff there was very nice as well...I bought a travel cup the server kindly filled with ice water for my pup!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place, though if you have some trouble walking it is a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Hello! Thank you for the great comments on the condition of the hotel and staff. They are greatly appreciated. In reading your issues regarding the food, I have brought this to the attention of the Exectuive Chef so that he may ensure that proper procedures are being followed in preparation and delivery. It's through comments such as yours that we able able to help identify problems and take action to correct them.
I'm glad your puppy enjoyed the stay as well. I hope that you will be back with us again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I arrived before my room was available. They offered to hold my bag and give me a pass to the fitness facility so I could work out while they got my room ready. An excellent solution for me and the gym is fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed at Four Points Sheraton - St. Catherine's recently. Our daughter was in a swim meet at Brock University. We had a good stay. Hotel was a bit dated but our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again. My only complaint was a rather loud buzzing noise in our bedroom - I think it came from the pop machine that was located outside our room. Suggest asking to be away from ice machine and pop machine.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is NOT located near pop machine or ice machine
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Yes our hotel is quite convenient to Brock University for anyone having events happening there. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will be starting a complete renovation of the hotel in the fall of 2012. I can't wait to have a new look and feel to the hotel. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us again when that is complete and see what we look like then.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have stayed at this property twice within the past year. What's different is that the property was built as an Embassy Suites, and all the rooms are set up as suites, with separate living and sleeping areas and plenty of room for four people.
Ask for the 4th floor
Extremely convenient if you have anything to do with Brock University.
On-site restaurant for good breakfast or dinner. McDonald's and Tim Horton's are across the street as well.
Friendly staff and good housekeeping. One of the reasons we are devoted Starwood property members.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so you get an extra window.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm so happy that your are such a loyal Starwood guest. I hope that you are collecting the SPG points with every stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in the Niagara area. We certainly value your patronage. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our whole family enjoys this hotel.
Most staff knows us on a 1st name basis. We go as often as the
pocket book allows.
We've been in all types of the rooms. I/we enjoy the King jac. suite the best.
Our adult kids bring the grandchildren, so they stay in the family suites
and enjoy them.
On our most recent stay, it was a celebration and several family members stayed
for 2 nights and everything was perfect.
All staff from the dinning area, cleaning and front desk are wonderful and helpful.
We have never had a problem.

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Program to save starwood points to get rooms at 1/2 price. Hint Ask for a room o...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank margeCanada

Thank you for the great comments. I'm so happy that you are able to spend time with your family here and that perhaps this is creating wonderful memories for the children has well. If there is anything we can do for you on your next stay with us, please don't hesitate to ask.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorold
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Catharines Conference Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Capri Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Best Western Plus Cairn Croft Hotel

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!