This has become a regular stop on the long ride home after enduring Toronto rush hour, but you don't need an excuse to enjoy the peace and quiet of this super clean and comfy hotel. It is so nice to have a dependable and spotless place to stay...I don't know how they find so many nice people to work here, or get such dedicated people who are not only kind and friendly, but pay attention to the details when they clean...and this is in the early evening! I actually spotted someone wiping the outside of the elevator door and a window sill!
And dog mom is a sucker for a front desk staff that greets their little one with a treat (I only hope it wasn't made in China due to the contamination/recall issues). We were being sent to a room with 2 beds, but as I travel with a kingsize sheet to cover the bed and prevent leaving any puppy fuzzies, I asked if there might be a room with one bed. This resulted in our having a disabled accessible room, but there was no problem with that...The spaciousness gave my pup some space to play with her ball, and she loved being able to curl up beneath the large desk.
Local and toll free calls are free, so if you get yourself a pre-paid calling card somewhere, you can comfortably call the states for a good value. Parking is also free here.
The bed is probably as comfortable as the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper (or is it the same?). The room had 2 TV's and the reception in the living room wasn't very good, but it didn't matter enough to complain as we were going to watch from bed anyhow.
The hotel has a very nice restaurant and staff. The pizza is delicious, and can be made to go. I was disappointed with the coconut cream pie...I didn't complain as it is possible that it resting for a bit on top of the pizza box may have caused a bit of a melt down...but I put it in the in-room fridge and a couple hours later when I went to have it, it didn't appear like a wedge of pie, but as if it had been a round tart and the sides had collapsed. The whipped cream had mostly melted, and the menu had not conveyed that it was served in a pool of caramel sauce.
The following day I ordered a club sandwich which was presented in triangular halves with the 3rd (unnecessary in my mind) piece of bread. Unfortunately, it tasted as if this roasted turkey had been frozen/thawed as it seemed dry, tough, and a bit water logged. Next time I will opt for breakfast as late as possible. I ordered sweet potato fries as the side, and as they were enclosed in the styro box, with my delay in getting the order they were limp by time I ate...no ones fault but my own on that.
Of note is that the restaurant is very nice about fixing things to go, and the room service menu prices are some of the most reasonable, compared to other hotels.
This hotel is a bit off the regular Niagara Falls route, so there is less tourist commotion, at least when I've stayed...and it was nice and quiet and I was able to sleep in.
Looking forward to returning...and wish so much they were closer.
FYI: Tim Horton's is across the street (as is a McDonalds) and the staff there was very nice as well...I bought a travel cup the server kindly filled with ice water for my pup!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites has 11,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space, perfectly accommodating a variety of events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
- Four Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Hotel Thorold
- Four Points Thorold
- Sheraton Thorold
- Four Points Sheraton St Catharines
- Thorold Four Points
- Thorold Sheraton
- Four Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites Thorold, Ontario, Canada