“Good but not Great”
Review of Fraser River Lodge

Fraser River Lodge
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was at the Lodge for a wedding. The food was very good and the service at the wedding was excellent. The room was clean and very comfortable. I would have rated this higher but we got absolutely NO service for the $200 we spent for the night.

We had to hunt for someone to give us a key to our room as there was no reception open. In the morning, a wedding guest made us coffee in the bar as there were no staff there to do so. I also think that when an entire wedding and guests are staying in your hotel, there could be some attention to their comfort in the morning in the form of a continental breakfast included in the room cost.

A beautiful place but you could be more hospitable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hmkay1225
CANADANE73, Owner at Fraser River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

We at the Fraser River Lodge appreciate all feedback and criticisms from our guests and take them all to heart. We strive to always provide the best service possible. In this case, we acknowledge that we were a little understaffed that day, even though we tried our very best to accommodate all our guests’ needs. When we host a wedding at our facility, the client books the venue exclusively, meaning they decide what services and extras to offer to their guests as they are the ones paying the bill. This client in particular decided not to order the breakfast so we honoured their wishes as this is an added expense for them. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, we are seriously considering different options for the future.

From the Fraser River Lodge Management Team

Reviewed June 11, 2012

It is hard to cramp in all the praises I have for this place. We had fantastic 7 days. My father, a keen hunter and fisherman, was turning 70 and I wanted to do something special for him so I invited the family to the Frasor River lodge from the our native Denmark. My wife and I flew in from Dubai.
The lodge is charismatic and a genuinely wonderful place to stay. It offers the creature comforts and luxuries an urban hotel but situated right on the banks of the Frasor River looking onto a spectacular mountain which leaves you with the feeling of having escaped to the wilderness.
Experience the sunrise over the mountain, while watching the bison grace by the river bank, wild geese landing on the calmer river pools and feel the excitement from spotting salmon and sturgeon leap all before 5.30 am is truly amazing.
The dining is off the top shelf. The chef was outstanding and the food plentiful. Finishing a great day with a single malt on the elevated out door decking or good BA red the right way to say good night.

The fishing was world class, delivering more catch that anyone ask for. I personally caught four types of salmon (and many of them), trout and sturgeon. The guides and lodge management were warm, welcoming and very professional.
Make sure to have them smoke some of the catch and they will send it to you when its done.

It was the best fishing trip I have been on and will be back for sure.

A special thanks to Patrick for making it such a memorable experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Zeuthen3519
CANADANE73, Owner at Fraser River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

It was great having you all here at our Lodge and a pleasure to meet your family and wife. Yes, fishing is defiantly better here than in Denmark and Dubai, right;)... I remember how excited and exhausted your father was after catching his very first sturgeon, what a great day...
Looking much forward to see you all again in the near future...

Best Patrick

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed at the Fraser River Lodge for a couple of days when I was traveling Canada in May 2012. Usually I am not the kind of person that writes reviews about hotels or restaurants online, but I had the urge to share my experience about this superb lodge.
I came to Canada because so many people had told me about its beautiful nature, incredible fishing, hunting and wildlife. So I wanted to do all of that, but the fishing was my first priority. They arranged everything for me at the Lodge, I just booked my stay online and the rest was taken care of: accommodation, exquisite dinner, fishing equipment, fishing license, everything just went so perfectly smooth throughout my entire stay, I was impressed!
On top of that, the staff of the lodge was extremely friendly and competent, the rooms where neat and the lodge itself is absolutely gorgeous with a stunning view of the mountains.
All in all, my stay could not have been better, I can only recommend this establishment to anyone who enjoys quality accommodation, fine food and great fishing.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Pittipot
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This review may be a little different from the others but I have to share.... My husband and I were looking for a quiet getaway over the Winter Holidays just for a night. We booked a room here and were SO pleased! The customer service was excellent. Our room was simple, very clean, and had everything we needed. There were very few people staying at the same time which made our experience excellent.... We had booked dinner and breakfast and both meals were private in the dining room in front of a warm fireplace. We felt like royalty with our own personal chef! We requested a gluten free menu and the meals were both DELICIOUS, it was definitely fine dining. I cannot comment on any of the fishing adventures at the lodge but our stay was unforgettable and very romantic. THANKS!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Madonnika
CANADANE73, Owner at Fraser River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Happy to hear that you and your husband had such a great getaway to our Lodge. Guess that is what a getaway is all about. Quality time together and being spoiled...

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My friends and I booked the Fraser River Lodge for a fishing holiday. Service, quality and food was a key factor in the decision to book with the Fraser River Lodge. We met an international clientele who all enjoyed 5 star food - in fact their Chef has served Royalty and we were treated as such. The rooms were clean, the views over the mountains spectacular. An then those bison. Wild bison roaming along the river - I felt like Kevin Costner.

The fishing was unbelievable. We must have hit the jackpot. Salmon everywhere all day long, but the true highlight were the sturgeon, especially in the Fraser Canyon. We have landed a total of 14 sturgeon in 2 days and more than 100 salmon on our Third day. I highly recommend this lodge to anybody who does not want to compromise in quality and service.

Room Tip: 1 or 8 come with hot tubs and fireplace
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank Kyle R

Hi Kyle, Thank you for the review. Nice to hear your stay was an "Fantastic Experience".
Yes, the Fraser Canyon trip is a spectacular trip i only can recommend to everybody who are looking for a boat ride and scenic experience above the ordinary.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

My first experience with the Fraser River Lodge was last year in September with a friend of mine. We arrived at the lodge on a saturday afternoon after beiing picked up by the lodge van at Vancouver Airport. We got all the explanations we needed before having the welcome drink on the back porch enjoying the amazing scenery of the Fraser Valley!
Our room was very cosy and relaxing. I have to say that the "cleaning lady" did a very good job. On the every day basis, the bathroom and toilet were clean, the beds were made and the floor vacuumed. The only negative point was that they couldn't fix the room safe the same day. It was fixed the day after, but that's nothing !
We spend 2 weeks at the lodge, fishing every single day. Our guide did a good job on jetboating us around to find the best fish.
The FRL gives you the occasion to have dinner on one big table with ther other lodge customers to get to know each other and to share crazy stories, that was something I really enjoyed. The friendly staff does a good service and takes care of you. The chef knows what he does and is a Pro. We had international gourmet dinners as well as local food.
I don't have any negative topics to talk about, because our experience at the FRL was just great so I went back this year in October, same thing !! I will try to make it over again next year.
Jeff, 34 yrs, Europe

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank xstreamfishing

Hi Jeff, It is always a pleasure having you here at our Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again on your next trip here in August 2012. Always on the hunt for the next record fish, x-streamfishing;)

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We booked a 10 days fishing trip with FRL back in Oct. 2010. After a short one-hour drive from Vancouver airport to the lodge we were welcomed by the manager of the lodge.
The probably unique view from the lodge on mount Cheam and the mighty Fraser River was breathtaking .
Our room was pretty much as seen on the website: spacious, clean and very comfortable (the beds are really comfortable, which is NOT always the case, even in upper-class 5 star hotels). We had a double bedroom.
The staff was very welcoming and we had no difficulties at all to feel at ease. Food was just delicious and thats not exaggerated. After a long and hard day on the river, our "Chef" made sure he served us just the perfect dish to regain our forces, with local products with plenty of taste.
The most outstanding of all was the fishing experience. We came for sturgeon and salmon fishing. Our guide, Kevin, was just unbelievable. Everyday he took us to new fishing spots, following his long experience on the river. NEVER we came home without any fish, even if it was a very slow day. We even managed to land a 9 ft Sturgeon at the end of our trip. Tackle, boats and guiding was excellent. At the end of every trip, the fish would be cleaned and vaccumized. Excellent service. If possible, I recommend the barbecue on the shore, excellent and so delicious.
I would definitely recommend the FRL to all enthusiastics looking for a unique fishing experience along with an high-end accommodation and food.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank JtotheBParis

Thank you for the fine review. We are glad your stay was very satisfying and yes, Kevin is a great fisherman;). He rarely comes back to the Lodge without fish.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agassiz
Harrison Beach Hotel
Harrison Beach Hotel
#1 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Coast Chilliwack Hotel
Coast Chilliwack Hotel
#2 of 9 in Chilliwack
Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Rowena's Inn on the River
Rowena's Inn on the River
#1 of 3 in Harrison Mills
Mt. Woodside Bed & Breakfast

Been to Fraser River Lodge? Share your experiences!