Fraser River Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bungalow Motel(Harrison Hot Springs)
  • Pool
Glencoe Motel(Harrison Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Harrison Village Motel(Harrison Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Hot Spring Villa Hotel(Harrison Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Harrison Lake Hotel(Harrison Hot Springs)
  • Restaurant
Harrison Beach Hotel(Harrison Hot Springs)
  • Pool
Harrison Spa Motel(Harrison Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa(Harrison Hot Springs)
  • Beachfront
The Royal Hotel(Chilliwack)
View Hotel
All reviewsfishbisontop notchwedding venuespent daysbucket listthree dayssockeyefood was amazingyear old soneach eveningbeautiful placemany thanksbald eaglesspectacular mountainjet boatcorporate retreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This review may be a little different from the others but I have to share.... My husband and I were looking for a quiet getaway over the Winter Holidays just for a night. We booked a room here and were SO pleased! The customer service was excellent. Our room was simple, very clean, and had everything we needed. There were very few people staying at the same time which made our experience excellent.... We had booked dinner and breakfast and both meals were private in the dining room in front of a warm fireplace. We felt like royalty with our own personal chef! We requested a gluten free menu and the meals were both DELICIOUS, it was definitely fine dining. I cannot comment on any of the fishing adventures at the lodge but our stay was unforgettable and very romantic. THANKS!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Madonnika
CANADANE73, Owner at Fraser River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Happy to hear that you and your husband had such a great getaway to our Lodge. Guess that is what a getaway is all about. Quality time together and being spoiled...

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My friends and I booked the Fraser River Lodge for a fishing holiday. Service, quality and food was a key factor in the decision to book with the Fraser River Lodge. We met an international clientele who all enjoyed 5 star food - in fact their Chef has served Royalty and we were treated as such. The rooms were clean, the views over the mountains spectacular. An then those bison. Wild bison roaming along the river - I felt like Kevin Costner.

The fishing was unbelievable. We must have hit the jackpot. Salmon everywhere all day long, but the true highlight were the sturgeon, especially in the Fraser Canyon. We have landed a total of 14 sturgeon in 2 days and more than 100 salmon on our Third day. I highly recommend this lodge to anybody who does not want to compromise in quality and service.

Room Tip: 1 or 8 come with hot tubs and fireplace
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank Kyle R

Hi Kyle, Thank you for the review. Nice to hear your stay was an "Fantastic Experience".
Yes, the Fraser Canyon trip is a spectacular trip i only can recommend to everybody who are looking for a boat ride and scenic experience above the ordinary.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

My first experience with the Fraser River Lodge was last year in September with a friend of mine. We arrived at the lodge on a saturday afternoon after beiing picked up by the lodge van at Vancouver Airport. We got all the explanations we needed before having the welcome drink on the back porch enjoying the amazing scenery of the Fraser Valley!
Our room was very cosy and relaxing. I have to say that the "cleaning lady" did a very good job. On the every day basis, the bathroom and toilet were clean, the beds were made and the floor vacuumed. The only negative point was that they couldn't fix the room safe the same day. It was fixed the day after, but that's nothing !
We spend 2 weeks at the lodge, fishing every single day. Our guide did a good job on jetboating us around to find the best fish.
The FRL gives you the occasion to have dinner on one big table with ther other lodge customers to get to know each other and to share crazy stories, that was something I really enjoyed. The friendly staff does a good service and takes care of you. The chef knows what he does and is a Pro. We had international gourmet dinners as well as local food.
I don't have any negative topics to talk about, because our experience at the FRL was just great so I went back this year in October, same thing !! I will try to make it over again next year.
Jeff, 34 yrs, Europe

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank xstreamfishing

Hi Jeff, It is always a pleasure having you here at our Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again on your next trip here in August 2012. Always on the hunt for the next record fish, x-streamfishing;)

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We booked a 10 days fishing trip with FRL back in Oct. 2010. After a short one-hour drive from Vancouver airport to the lodge we were welcomed by the manager of the lodge.
The probably unique view from the lodge on mount Cheam and the mighty Fraser River was breathtaking .
Our room was pretty much as seen on the website: spacious, clean and very comfortable (the beds are really comfortable, which is NOT always the case, even in upper-class 5 star hotels). We had a double bedroom.
The staff was very welcoming and we had no difficulties at all to feel at ease. Food was just delicious and thats not exaggerated. After a long and hard day on the river, our "Chef" made sure he served us just the perfect dish to regain our forces, with local products with plenty of taste.
The most outstanding of all was the fishing experience. We came for sturgeon and salmon fishing. Our guide, Kevin, was just unbelievable. Everyday he took us to new fishing spots, following his long experience on the river. NEVER we came home without any fish, even if it was a very slow day. We even managed to land a 9 ft Sturgeon at the end of our trip. Tackle, boats and guiding was excellent. At the end of every trip, the fish would be cleaned and vaccumized. Excellent service. If possible, I recommend the barbecue on the shore, excellent and so delicious.
I would definitely recommend the FRL to all enthusiastics looking for a unique fishing experience along with an high-end accommodation and food.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank JtotheBParis

Thank you for the fine review. We are glad your stay was very satisfying and yes, Kevin is a great fisherman;). He rarely comes back to the Lodge without fish.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Came here with a group of 14 work colleagues. The trip was booked by one of my colleagues as a trout and salmon fly fishing trip. About 2 weeks before the trip we were told that there wasn't any trout fishing, but there was fishing for salmon and sturgeon. On arrival, the rooms were nice and clean with AC, and the dinner on the first night as very nice. That evening we decided what type of fishing we wanted to do, and nearly all chose fly fishing for pink salmon, with 4 choosing bar and bounce fishing for king salmon. We were met at the lodge by the guides, who are subcontractors and not really guides for the lodge. My guide couldn't care less about fly fishing; I was later told his main interest was sturgeon fishing. Regardless, you were essentially on your own, which was fine for someone like me who fly fishes a lot, but not for the guys who came on the trip and were first timers, and received no help with tackle, netting fish, or instruction, which we were told they would receive, a really couldn't-care-less attitude. This went on for 3 days of fishing. On check out, we were surprised to find that we had been charged for every bottle of water consumed while fishing in the 35 C heat, and the check out process took over 2 hours, much like dentistry without anesthesia. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be rushing back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank RobertSFBayArea

Dear Robert, I'm sorry to hear about your 'Not so much" experience here at our Lodge. We take much pride in ensuring that our guests have the best possible outdoor experience. All our clients have custom made packages to make sure that the needs and wishes for each individual guest is fulfilled.

I do however understand some of your points that could have lead to a than less good overall experience and I would like to comment on them to show our point of view.

We do have some wonderful trout fishing in our area, but we can be limited in fishing these wilderness rivers if water levels are either too high or low. (2011 was a recored year for high levels of water). Furthermore our fishing guides that are specialized in this type of fishing are limited and very often fully booked well in advance due to the high request of these trips. So these trips are not always available if not booked well in advance. We can also not take 14 people on these trout trips, but max 4 guests at the time. So this could also be the reason that it was not possible to take the group of 14 people on this venture during your short stay at the Lodge.

Concerning guiding we have 5 boats working exclusively for the Lodge. During high season with a full Lodge + day trips we often run up to 12 boats per day and are using other guiding companies in our area. The guides from the other companies are all professional guides with lots of experience on our rivers, and I'm sorry to hear if some of them were not up to standard and I do apologize for this.

Personally I was fishing with your group as an assistant guide on the last day and we had a great day with sunshine and +25 degrees. The guests got their very first Sturgeon and while having lunch break on a sandy beach shore we caught salmon on fly. I will mention that the guests did inform me that this was one of their best days concerning guiding and that the other guide they had early was not as satisfying. Again I do apologize for this and we will for the future tighten up on the subcontracting guides.

I see that some of your colleagues were First Timers for fly fishing. In these cases we select fishing guides specialized for these clients, who take their time to not only fish, but also to give lessons. But this must be communicated to the Lodge in advance since in high season all our fly fishing guides are fully booked.

Concerning the Water Issue, we have custom made water bottles with Fraser River Lodge logo, which are 100% rPET (The Planet Bottle) to ensure recycling and less damage to the nature. The water is guarantied Canadian Glacier Water. Our charge is $1.00 CAD per bottle (0.5 Liter). There are 2 bottles every day in each room free of charge. Any additional water is charged for. Im sorry if this was inconvenient for your group, but this is normal custom at most Hotels and Lodges. However on this point we have amended our policy to also include 2 bottles of water free of charge per person in each packed lunch prepared by the Lodge.

Our Check-out process does not normally take 2 hours, even with big groups. But please bare in mind that we are a small operating business and do not have unlimited staff resources to resolve all upcoming issues immediately. The reason for this long check out was simply the fact that a group of 14 people wished to pay their beverage bill individually and in our system all bills are charged under the room number, not the name. So every single bill of consumption during the whole stay had to be finalized again with who drank what and how much. If this would have been communicated before check-in, we could have billed all beverages under the guest name and not room number, which would have eased the check-out process significantly.

Again I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as satisfying as you expected. But I hope you enjoyed all the other things at the Lodge that did go well.
Of course we hope to see you and your friends again for another fishing venture at our Lodge with hopefully a better experience.

Best regards