“Don't Saty Here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Summerland
Nanaimo
“Don't Saty Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

I went on a summer holiday which lasted a total of eight days, and used different hotels with varying price ranges for each stop of my trip, and I have to say, this hotel was the worst.

It is not "located off the highway", but rather really on the highway. I now know that a lot of trucks do drive at night and this is not a myth.

The photos on the hotel's website are deceptive. The beds were really soft and worn with torn sheets on the one. The phone did not work well and neither did the microwave.

The shock was the check out when I paid the bill and realized I was paying just $25.00 less than what I paid in Calgary for a suite with a jaccuzzi tub!!

Really, there are a lot of nice places in the surrounding areas. Do not stay here.

• Liked — check in was friendly
  • Disliked — location, cleanliness, beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NanaimoAlice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

We chose this motel because it allowed dogs and had kitchenettes. But upon arrival, we discovered that dogs really are not welcome. Our pooches were not allowed anywhere on the outside property - not in the courtyard or even in an area just off the main courtyard. My father-in-law asked the manager to allow his 2 dogs in the area just off the main courtyard. No one was there and he promised to move as soon as anyone came, but he was told NO. That leaves few, if any, places for dogs to walk. My mother-in-law took the dogs across the street to an orchard and was accosted by the orchard owner who was sick and tired of everyone going there. At the same time, the stairs to upstairs suites where dogs are allowed are made of metal grating. Most dogs are afraid of walking on such open surfaces. One of our large dogs had to be carried, and two of our dogs got their paws caught in the metal grate holes. Moreover, our rooms had old '70s furniture and TV, and the carpet was the oldest and cheapest that I have seen in a long time. For what we got, the rooms were too pricey. There are far better hotels that allow dogs."

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank scoopy-do

Travelers are raving about these Summerland hotels

Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

The website for this motel says it's located "...just off Highway 97 on Tait Street." Be warned. Most of the units front onto the highway, which is very busy. As well, the building is sited at a spot where long distance trucks gear down as they negotiate a curve. Make sure you note the ten day cancellation policy. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with the full no-show charge.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The false information on the website
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
Vancouver, BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

This is the worst place that I've ever stayed at!!! In August I planned 7 nights here so that my son could attend hockey school in Pentiction. Upon arrival, I agree with the prior review the staff could have been friendlier. We arrived at our room to find it quite smelly...we soon discovered that this was due to the carpet being wet in front of the fridge. There were people sitting within a few feet of our patio door so we went to close the blinds and they fell to the floor. I went and got the desk clerk and showed him and he told me to throw a blanket over the patio door!!! That night, with the blanket over the patio door, we were kept awake by a party of 15 or more right outside our patio door talking loudly and drinking until after midnight. Sleep was impossible and we had an early am start. Earlier in the evening I went to the front desk and told them that we would not be staying more than the one night due to state of the room and the noise. They informed me that they would be charging me for 3 nights even though I only stayed for one....and they did. It was triathalon week and I ended up paying 3 times the price elsewhere ...lucky to find anything at all. Do yourself a favor....DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank ddgVancouver_BC
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

stayed there for 3 nights recently. had a few minor problems with the phone but otherwise, the room was very comfortable. the one side is situated on the hwy and that's the side you enter on. then the room goes through to a balcony door that overlooks a nice garden area and the pool. you could definitly hear the highway and if people were talking along the outside of the door facing the highway. but, other then that, i did not hear a peap of noise from the rooms on either side of me or from down below. the room was clean, spacious and the pool was nice. great location for visiting the beaches, penticton or westbank/kelowna area and only 30 minutes from naramata. if you are a light sleeper, the highway noise may bother you. the staff could be friendlier. but, i will stay there again.

1 Thank lttt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerland
Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa
Days Inn & Conference Centre - Penticton
Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites
Best Western Inn at Penticton
Rosedale Motel
Rosedale Motel
#3 of 4 in Summerland
Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino

Been to Summerland Motel? Share your experiences!