This hotel is in a beautiful location, but the value for the money is substandard. I was hesitant to book here because of the price but thought it surely must be worth the money.
My husband and I have travelled extensively and would have expected more for what we had paid.
We were given a room with kitchentte that the previous occupants had obviously cooked fish in, judging by the lingering odor. Kitchen glasses, stove top were streaky with grease, and we had to rewash our wine glasses before using them. Bathroom toilet lid would not open all the way due to poor design of the bathroom counter, and the tub took ages to fill up.
Although pleasantly decorated, the room had a cramped feeling. We were given a "bluff" view, but what we had to look at was an eyesore across the street consisting of a rundown property with old cars littering the lot. We couldn't even watch TV from the bed because the TV faced a different direction. No wireless in the rooms either.
After a long drive from Spokane, we were looking forward to enjoying the jacuzzi to relax in, only to find the timer for the jets was broken. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, who said they would have someone out to fix it the next day. It did not get repaired before we checked out. Each time we used the pool, there were no towels available to use, and we had to inform the front desk, so we could get more delivered to the pool.
We ate one night at the restaurant which again, was a nice view of the lake. Food was pricey but good.
There are much nicer hotels/resorts you can get for less than what we paid (250/night). I highly recommend Predator Ridge Resort in Vernon - twice the value, half the money. (got a deal on Travel Zoo).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the beauty of vineyards and dramatic landscapes, the Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa is set on a secluded stretch of Lake Okanagan shoreline, 15 minutes north of Penticton and 45 minutes south of Kelowna. The beachfront resort features 115 condo-style suites, each well appointed with a full kitchen, dining and living areas, fireplace and most offer a balcony for stunning lakefront views. You are invited to live the Okanagan lifestyle and enjoy two outdoor hot tubs, a large outdoor pool with sundeck, barbecues, beaches, boat rentals, fitness room, meeting and group venues, as well as a neighbouring Restaurant and Day Spa. At your doorstep is Summerland's Bottleneck Drive wineries, golf courses, water activities, hiking, biking, cycling, swimming, art galleries and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerland Waterfront Resort And Spa
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel Summerland