Summerland Waterfront Resort and Spa is quite a pricey hotel and for the money I would expect better. The location is lovely although sadly due to the side of the lake they are on, all lakeside rooms (and the pool) is in shade from mid-afternoon. Views from the lakeside rooms are lovely - but then so are most of the hotels with lake views in the area. Rooms are OK - we had a 1-bed - the bedroom is quite small (we had our baby daughter with us and could only just fit her tiny cot in the room) but it's dark and the bed was comfortable. Staff varied - some were lovely and went out of their way, others were less friendly. A restaurant is attached to the hotel which we were told was good but on the night we booked, despite having checked with the hotel in advance we could eat at the restaurant with a baby in a stroller, we were refused entry as the part of the restaurant that allowed children was closed for a private party. It subsequently became clear that there was little communication between the hotel and the restaurant and although we'd be led to believe by the person who took our booking at the hotel that the restaurant was part of the hotel, it isn't - so if you want to eat there with children, I would check in advance. The attitude of the staff in the restaurant was extremely dismissive and we left feeling very uncomfortable. Rather than a great meal at a grill, we ended up with take-away pizza in our room! There were other things that were just annoying - our room was only half cleaned, the place felt very understaffed - calling down to the front desk generally involved holding for at least 10 minutes. For the money you are paying there are definitely better locations eg Walnut Beach at Osoyoos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the beauty of vineyards and dramatic landscapes, the Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa is set on a secluded stretch of Lake Okanagan shoreline, 15 minutes north of Penticton and 45 minutes south of Kelowna. The beachfront resort features 115 condo-style suites, each well appointed with a full kitchen, dining and living areas, fireplace and most offer a balcony for stunning lakefront views. You are invited to live the Okanagan lifestyle and enjoy two outdoor hot tubs, a large outdoor pool with sundeck, barbecues, beaches, boat rentals, fitness room, meeting and group venues, as well as a neighbouring Restaurant and Day Spa. At your doorstep is Summerland's Bottleneck Drive wineries, golf courses, water activities, hiking, biking, cycling, swimming, art galleries and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel Summerland
- Summerland Waterfront Resort And Spa