“Clean modern room”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Summerland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Clean modern room”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but we were glad we chose this place. The room was clean and modern. I'm not sure what all the reviews were about with the bad housekeeping as our room was immaculately presented, I couldn't fault it. The bed was very comfortable too.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way back to Calgary from Vancouver. When we arrived the computer system for the hotel was down. For the inconvienance on waiting to check in they upgraded our room to a great view of the lake.

The full kitchen was excellent for cooking and enjoying a meal on the balcony overlooking the lake with some delicious local wine.

We were not here long enough. We will definately be back this summer.

• Stayed May 2013
Drumheller
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am laying here on the most comfortable king bed. In a beautiful loft with kitchen, patio, fireplace and spa like bathroom. Perfect for a couple but a family could stay here - there is an attractive sofabed in the living room. Front desk staff professional, eager to please and well groomed.
I have stayed in Penticton dozens of times - I think I'd prefer to stay here next time for the peace and quiet and just drive in for shopping and some meals.

• Stayed May 2013
Killinchy, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Grabbed a two night deal and was so delighted with the quality destination. The building is so well designed so that most rooms and suites have a great view of the lake. A bottle of local wines and a generous selection of local chocolates to welcome us to our luxurious suite. Great design, quality heavy chairs, well fitted and supplied kitchen, two TVs, tub and shower and the balcony of course. Tried out the pool and jacuzzi which gave us a feel of the exotic with the marsh birds chirping nearby. Delightful spot. Any improvements? The stove is not balanced and wobbles! Everything else fab - I could live here!

• Stayed April 2013
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Summerland Waterfront Resort and Spa over a weekend in April 2013. We had a lakeview one bedroom room that we purchased through a living social voucher. We were impressed to be greeted with a bottle of Sumac Ridge wine, and chocolates (although those perks were part of the voucher package). The bed was very comfortable and had a fluffy duvet cover, while the bathroom had a separate tub and shower.

The room came with a great view of the lake. Included in our view (our room faced the pool) was a view of a small wetland with a boardwalk around it. We were thrilled to see that there was a beaver living in the pond, and saw him swimming about the pond in the morning. We also heard choruses of tree frogs in the evening-- another sign that this small wetland was bursting with life. Overall, we really appreciated that this small natural patch was conserved for guests and wildlife to enjoy.

We would certainly come back. We liked the small town feel, the comfortable rooms, and the setting.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OceanMountain
SummerlandResort, Manager at Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I couldn’t have said it any better myself! Thank you for such wonderful words about our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Jason Brown
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We loved pulling up to the resort, right on the lake. The view was breathtaking, Our room was very nice, great layout. The staff were very helpful & pleasant. Bed was so comfortable, you almost did not want to get out of it in the morning. The restaurant attached is a bit overpriced but a very nice atmosphere/staff.Food was good.

Cons: The shower pressure in our room was awful. The french press coffee pot was more work then the coffee was worth, perhaps a regular coffee pot option would be good. Also, we really wanted a chance to use the 1 hottub you offer, but every time we went to it was filled with preteens and all their friends. Not very appealing when your looking to relax. It would've made our stay perfect if there was perhaps another hot tub, one just for adults. We came up from Vancouver to enjoy some one on one time and this was one of the major reasons we chose to stay at your resort, so we were definitely disappointed.

Room Tip: Get one with a lake view ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary J
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that your experience started out great and that your interaction with the staff was excellent. I do agree with you once you sleep in our beds it is almost like sleeping on a cloud.
With regards to the hot tub I am sorry that it was always busy during your and I thank you for your suggestion with adding the second hot tub to the property. With wonderful suggestions like yours we have listen to our guests once again, by just completing the construction of a brand new hot tub in Phase 2 of our property as of April 19th 2013.

We do hope that we see you back at the Resort again soon to enjoy this new amenity.

Kind Regards,
Jason Brown
Assistant General Manager
Golden BC
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a small condo style property, and whilst there is nothing to complain about, neither is there anything to rave about apart from the location on the lake.
We had a 1 bedroom poolside suite, which had a slightly larger deck than the balconies of the suites above. Would have been great, except they forgot to tell us at the time of booking that the pool was not open. I was also disappointed to see that whilst I'd had a long conversation about the suitability of the poolside suite for taking our dogs out immediately from the room (being a ground level poolside) instead of having to take them through the property to go out - except that when we were arrived we saw a large 'No Dogs Allowed' sign at the poolside. I don't have a problem with that (and as the pool was closed it made no difference anyway) but just make sure you give me the correct information when I am booking so I can make the right choice.
I also found the receptionist a tad abrupt when she told us at check in that because we were travelling in low season (although still just prior to the easter holiday) we wouldn't get any cleaning services during our stay. Again not a problem for us but this should be made clear at time of booking.
The suite was fine, but had that ubiquitous condo furniture that is never quite comfortable enough, and we also found the bedroom extremely warm, even though we turned off the heating and it was March!
However we loved the fact that we could take a nice walk from the property along the lake and to a nearby park and a lovely meal at the Local Lounge restaurant just a few steps from the hotel.
Overall it was fine, and I would stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay for a lake view room. I can't imagine staying here and not being able to see t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JS28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerland
The Cove Lakeside Resort
#1 of 5 in West Kelowna
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Central City
Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas

Been to Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!