Unprofessional Employees could not figure out who's room was who's when we checked in. They ended up giving us the wrong room albiet an upgrade. Which was appropriate I think in those situations. The three of us were given a two bedroom suite on the boarder of the property, right on the street front and the other couple got a one bedroom suite in the main building over looking the parking lot.
The rooms themselves were nice and fully self catering with a complete kitchen, all utensils and appliances along with washer and dryer so forth.
The rooms we not being cleaned properly because they were very very short staffed over this very very busy weekend. We felt so bad for the housekeepers who did come be because they were rushing and looking exhausted after showing up late. Poor ladies having to do who knows how many times extra work.
The hotel was full. The pool was always full of screaming children and always out of towels.
It's just such a shame. The hotel knew they'd sold all their rooms but was completely unprepared.
I'm sure we would have had a much better time had there been sufficient staff and supplies.
In the evening local people of Summerland come take their dogs to do you know what on the grass along side the two bedroom suites. These rooms as I said are on the perimeter of the resort grounds. During the day hotel guests lay out in the golden Okanagan sun and at night neighborhood dogs make this lawn their toilet. It ruins the evening we you are sitting on your groud level, main street adjacent deck trying to unwind after a long day and dog walkers keep walking up right in front of us to do their thing. Until management puts up a sign, ie: "Children Play Here", - which we did suggest, do request a room away from this area!
We had lunch in the hotel restaurant and it was mediocre. The deck was nice, sitting in the sun over looking Lake Okanagan. Great view!
We got some great local peaches, cherries and Blueberries from the fruit stands and utilized the in room facilities.
This stay could have easily been great because the room, location and hotel itself are just fine.
Management is lacking and that is something we truly hope that they improve on because then we would concider returning for a mid week off peak season stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the beauty of vineyards and dramatic landscapes, the Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa is set on a secluded stretch of Lake Okanagan shoreline, 15 minutes north of Penticton and 45 minutes south of Kelowna. The beachfront resort features 115 condo-style suites, each well appointed with a full kitchen, dining and living areas, fireplace and most offer a balcony for stunning lakefront views. You are invited to live the Okanagan lifestyle and enjoy two outdoor hot tubs, a large outdoor pool with sundeck, barbecues, beaches, boat rentals, fitness room, meeting and group venues, as well as a neighbouring Restaurant and Day Spa. At your doorstep is Summerland's Bottleneck Drive wineries, golf courses, water activities, hiking, biking, cycling, swimming, art galleries and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerland Waterfront Resort And Spa
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel Summerland