“Terrible service”
Review of Bonita's Bistro - CLOSED

Bonita's Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Awesome new restaurant attached to Bonita's Winery in Summerland.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I went for a wine tasting and lunch at the bistro. The view is outstanding and the food was very good, but the gentleman who owns the place was extremely arrogant. He approached us and started to brag to us about stories of how he had overcharged clients. It was a one side conversation of how amazing he thought he was. I felt it was extremely unprofessional and by the time my wife and I were able to pull ourselves away from the conversation I felt like I wanted a refund for the bottle of wine that I had probably paid to much for... Good luck if you decide to go there. If there is anything positive that I can say from this experience is that the view was amazing.

6  Thank james f

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great food. Poor service, cloudy wine, beautiful view. Tried it twice and had the same poor service but different waitress and all the red wine was cloudy and had floaters. We were told I is supposed to be that way!

1  Thank Sam B
Deetas, Manager at Bonita's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2015

We do appreciate response, although we find it odd that your review is dated March 2014 and our restaurant was not open at this time.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went with my son who's travelled extensively...his comment"just wonderful"
Beautiful view,great atmosphere,excellent food!

1  Thank mado070
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great food here. They make the best burger i have ever tasted. And a great view of the lake and vines. Good service, and friendly staff. They make good wine.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've had 2 meals at Bonita's in past 8 months. The first the food was good, service was OK but they had a cheap radio station on instead of something that would be more suitable. I requested that it be turned down or changed but was told that the music came from the winery tasting room and that the restaurant had no control over the music.
I visited again on Father's Day with friends from Holland. We were all impressed with the view, etc, meal was fine but again the management had the radio canned music going again and after my guests and I requested it be turned down we were given the same reason that it couldn't be turned down because of the tasting room had the controls. The tasting room was closed on both of these occasions.
Sorry Bonita's...but there is far to many other wine bistros that can figure something like this out.. Hillside Winery was great the next day and we all really enjoyed the music the food and the view.

4  Thank Mikeysr B