“Best Burgers ever, with a view”
Review of Bonita's Bistro - CLOSED

Bonita's Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Awesome new restaurant attached to Bonita's Winery in Summerland.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great food here. They make the best burger i have ever tasted. And a great view of the lake and vines. Good service, and friendly staff. They make good wine.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've had 2 meals at Bonita's in past 8 months. The first the food was good, service was OK but they had a cheap radio station on instead of something that would be more suitable. I requested that it be turned down or changed but was told that the music came from the winery tasting room and that the restaurant had no control over the music.
I visited again on Father's Day with friends from Holland. We were all impressed with the view, etc, meal was fine but again the management had the radio canned music going again and after my guests and I requested it be turned down we were given the same reason that it couldn't be turned down because of the tasting room had the controls. The tasting room was closed on both of these occasions.
Sorry Bonita's...but there is far to many other wine bistros that can figure something like this out.. Hillside Winery was great the next day and we all really enjoyed the music the food and the view.

4  Thank Mikeysr B
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Cutting off the main highway, we meandered down a country road lush with ripening cherry trees and vineyards greening up. Arriving at the winery/bistro we were treated to a marvelous view of Okanagan lake and more vineyards terracing down to the water.
We headed indoors for lunch as it was too breezy this day for the outdoor tables but the ambience of the place surrounded us inside and out.
The decor inside is simple and relaxing as was the soft background music. All tables sported white cloths. The bistro was very clean and I'm including the floors here!
Our server was friendly, personable and efficient. (Thank you Terri-Rose.)
My friend ordered Tuna nicoise with fresh green beans and I chose the bruschetta adorned with prawns and avacado slices. The presentation of these dishes was excellent and service was quick.
I encourage locals to bring their guests with cameras in hand. Tourists - a must see place in Beautiful British Columbia.

1  Thank Gail P
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Being a kelowna local. We enjoy going to all the wonderful wineries the Okanagan has to offer. We tried out Bonita's this weekend. First walked into wine tasting area had a plesant experience server was knowledgable and wine was pretty good. 2 staff working on a sunny sat and one did not know how to use till and ring in wine purchases. So we put our wine choice back and decided to sit outside. Have a glass of wine and a bite to eat and enjoy the incredible view. Asked server if menu on glass door was current she replied she did not even know that was there.. so we sat our selfs on the deck and put up an umbrella. Sever came over and took order. We ordered 2 glasses of 2010 gwurtz A order of avocado prawn bruschetta and signature burger. Found the drinks took a while... And a bit warm. And hot weather made it warn real quick. We asked server for a glass of ice took 5mins when she returned with ice we asked for more water took 6 mins Bruschetta was great. Had to use knife and fork. Burger then arrived. Lacked flavor and bun was stale or dry paired with 6 small wedge potatoes when burger arrived asked server for ketchup, ketchup never came.....keep in mind only two tables full of people eating outside 4 people total. No surprise here...sever never came back so we walked inside and upstairs to find her and pay.

Again beautiful view!!!!!
But very poor service

7  Thank Annie G
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had my wedding at this beautiful winery. Absolutely breathtaking view of the lake and vineyard. I was so excited and planing seemed to be going along great as this was the first and only venue I looked at because I fell in love. The food here was amazing and I would eat hear anytime but I would never plan another event.
When it was time to sit down with the head chef / manager of the restaurant, he could never find the time to meet with us as he was always so busy witch made it hard for me to get any details. When we did finally sit down to make our menu there was no option to taste the food so I had to take his word for it. When we asked about buying wine the only real option was to buy from him. We asked if we could purchase form the wine shop as they were having a case sale on one of their wines and if we had bought from the winery and not him he was going to charge us double the corkage fee witch was already $20.00 a bottle. He sold us wine at a higher cost witch he bought from the winery at the coast we could have. We bought 3 cases of wine witch cost us over $1200.
When we discussed times to come set up the venue it was scheduled for 10-am the day of we weren't able to set up the night before. When my mother and grooms men arrived plus the wedding planner that the winery MADE me get who I was paying for her time got there he had nothing ready no table cloths or anything set up he was getting ready to serve lunch on the patio witch i was under the impressions this wasn't going to happen as I had paid for the venue for the day. he didn't allow anyone to set up till after 12 my wedding was at 3 and my poor mother still needed to go get ready.
During dinner my poor grandmother has an oxygen tank and the battery was running low so we needed a cord and a plug in. When my wedding planner asked if we could please have one he snapped at her and said he was busy serving salad... salad can wait I don't want my grandma to die here.
He also complained to my guest that hosting a wedding makes no money for his business with was very unprofessional.
The Chef/manager was spread too thin he had too many things going on at once and seemed to be unable to handle the stress of a wedding with lead him to be a JACKA##. He needs someone else handling wedding planning.
We had to bring in our own liquor this was not a problem for us but before the night was over they said we ran out of drinks when we came in the morning to pick everything up and clean we had 3 flats left over of random beers and coolers and 26er left.

I no that as a bride planning a wedding you don't know or understand everything but I truly was embarrassed by the Chef and the way he treated me my wedding panner, photographer and my mother.
I hope other Brides have a wonderful experience there and best of luck

14  Thank Liz_M_R