“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sonoran Winery
Ranked #9 of 35 things to do in Summerland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We offer wine tastings and wine purchases of white wines, red wines, dessert wines including port style wines and ice wines.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We especially loved the Cabernet Merlot (2007); the Ehrenfelser (2012); and Oraniensteiner (2011); Gewurztraminer (2011); and, for a treat, try the 2007 Oraniensteiner Ice Wine! But, honestly, they were all delicious... hard to choose between which was a nice problem to have :-) Definitely worth a visit, and lunch in the bistro (try the baked brie) if you have the time. Beautiful views and friendly service.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lekili2013

vancouver canada
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Beautiful location on the hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Staff was friendly. We had an excellent lunch on the patio. As well the owner came and chatted with us which made the experience even more interesting

2 Thank brendadoug
Calgary, AB, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Must have missed out....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I stopped here after touring quite a few wineries in the area. I can't complain about the wine, but most people I know visit wineries for the atmosphere and experience. This place doesn't offer much of either.

The lady working the counter was one of the least enthusiastic people I've ever seen, anywhere ever. We were the only ones at the time of our tasting and she gave us the 'how dare you ruin my quiet time' attitude. Not very ambient.

1 Thank MykeMan
Vancouver, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Exceptional wines!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Another great vineyard. The wines were divine, and reasonably price. The staff was very knowledgeable about the product as well, and overall we enjoyed our experience and would return next year to restock.

2 Thank lisa M
Penticton
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Very much under rated, I was greatly impressed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Today on my travels I stopped at the Sonoran Estate Winery and was almost immediately greeted by one of the owners who showed me the future plans for the the building and grounds. I was very impressed with the variety of wines at very affordable prices. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. Great view of Okanagan Lake from the patio, and Giants Head looks down from behind. I will return.

Visited August 2012