“New menu new Chef, much better”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
Summerland, Canada
“New menu new Chef, much better”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wanted to try again since they changed a few things. Menu has more variety with lots of gluten free options. Very quiet on a Sunday evening in April, we walked right in no problem. Service was very good. Food was excellent. Not cheap but seemed slightly better than it was before. This is fine dining and well worth the price. Looking forward to trying other items on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Softball_nut

“Decent”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The local has great food and pretty good service however the value isnt great me and my brothers went there for dinner numerous times and it was close to ten dollars for a small amount of french fries overall if you have the money its a good choice

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“What a great finish to our spring break vacation!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

No matter where you are staying in the Okanagan Valley it is worth the trip to Local Lounge and Grille in Summerland. This is one of the best settings anywhere in the Okanagan. There are not that many locations that get you so close to the water (too cool this month to be on their huge big deck) but the views from the restaurant were spectacular as the sun was going down. My husband, son and I agreed that the food was second to none. My husband loved his starter, the White onion and Pinot Gris soup with an egg and little touch of truffle oil! I had the Cobb Salad served with Buttermilk chicken and it was outstanding. Our son loved his double decker burgers dressed with bacon, aoili and pickled beets, so colourful and attractive. Great wine list and outstanding service topped off the night! We obviously would highly recommend
you check Local out!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LWVancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, Great people and Great atmosphere - a definite must!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I randomly ended up in Summerland for a last minute solo getaway.

I ended up dining twice here at Local Lounge & Grille. The Friday night upon my arrival to the Summerland Resort I was tired and upon check in, the front desk person ended up telling me that Locals was doing a soft opening that night and it was so close that it would be a great option as the "resort" didn't offer in room dining.

Upon walking into the restaurant I was greeted by a nice glass of sparkling rose as a nice kick off to their soft opening - it was a really nice touch. The restauarant features modern decor and great atmosphere as provided by the lighting and the music etc. The restaurant is set up very well with a couple different sections - whether you are on a date/dining for two, or come in with a small group they have a lot of options to offer and although it was quite full at one point, the noise level never got to the point where conversation was lost. They also have a great "family style" table by the bar area as well where ppl can just have a drink or if you were in town on business/solo you could easily just take a seat and enjoy dinner with conversation from the locals sharing the long table. As I was dining solo, it was nice to be able to chime in to conversations and meet some of the locals during my stay including Cam and Christa-Lee. They were so very welcoming, very passionate about their restaurant, food and of course the wine!

I sat both evenings at the family style table as I enjoyed the space a lot. On the first night I enjoyed a pasta dish - the macaroni - with tomato sauce, roasted Chicken, sauteed kale and basil ricotta cheese. The pasta was cooked to perfection (which in a dish where it is not covered in a cream sauce you can really tell if it is not cooked well!). It was great to be able to enjoy a macaroni type pasta that was very light and not served with a cream sauce that you would always normally associate with "macaroni and cheese". I also took advantage of their dessert menu because I am a sucker for ice cream. They once again showed their creativity by offering a beatiful trio of raspberry, clove and a beer infused flavour (i am sorry I can't remember the name but it was delicious!) The clove flavour turned out to be my favourite and all the flavours were not in any way overpowering. The ice cream coupled with a nice Pipe really topped off my evening and I really felt very spoiled!

Locals is such an appropriate name for this restaurant. Upon leaving Cam even made sure I had some cream to take back to my room as he knew the hotel wouldn't have any in the fridge and I didn't have a chance to pick some up in town. SO appreciative!

On the second evening, I walked in and it felt like my home town. Smiling faces and "welcome backs" were what greeted me again. The toughest part was now deciding what to try knowing that I would be leaving soon. I ended up choosing the Braised short rib wellington - yum! A perfect size and was again cooked to perfection! I know that I should have tried something else for dessert but I just couldn't resist going back to that selection of ice cream.

Needless to say, I would choose to go back to Summerland to enjoy this restaurant any time! I am already trying to see when my schedule between business travel will allow it as my list (the Okanagan Cherry Spareribs, the smoked paparika and cumin scented butcher block pork loin etc.) as to what I want to try continues to expand every time I see another review or picture on twitter!

Thank you to Cam, Christie- Lee, Megan and Chef for allowing me to enjoy the great location and enhancing my little solo getaway. I look forward to coming back soon and enjoying another bottle of McWatters - perhaps this time on the patio in slightly warmer weather! :)

If you are staying in Summerland or just driving through - definitely stop in to experience the Local Lounge!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Travelholic A
Summerland, Canada
“Locals who don't like local”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been twice, the first was with the old chef our food was amazing but the service was really bad. She was slow and rude. It was the night of light up the vines (2012) and they weren't properly staffed. The second time we went was for light up the vines this year (2013) and they lost our reservation, even though the lounge and the restaurant had empty tables for the rest of the evening they wouldn't sit us at our own table, although we were allowed to share a table with another couple who was on the wine tour.....strange. The food with the new chef was really bad for myself, my husband had a good starter (hot and sour soup). He had the ling cod which was really overcooked even though he asked for it not to be. My prime rib was practically raw...a far cry from medium rare. Our dessert looked and tasted like it was microwaved. I'm reluctant to try it again. I have no problem paying a high price.....but I really want decent service and good food. Stick to the Hood or Bogners.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank AngelavanD
Cameron B, Owner at Local Lounge • Grille, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I would have really enjoyed writing a detailed response to your dining experience. However; to do so, would have required some actual 'truths' to be in your review.

There was so much fiction in there... it was very fascinating. I would be happy to discuss the truth of what happened that night anytime.

Thanks for the read.