“Excellent food in Summerland”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had a lovely experience at this restaurant. The food was amazing, from start to finish. The service was great, polite staff that were helpful when I couldn't decide what to chose from the menu. The decor is clean, modern and inviting. We sat by the window overlooking the lake. I imagine in the summer it's a beautiful view.
I started with the pear and arugula salad. The prosciutto was crispy, which made for a nice almost cracker-feel to put your delicious burrata cheese on. The pear was a perfect accompaniment and I loved the fresh feel.
I had the lingcod for my main and it was simply delicious. The flavors of the entire dish were amazing. I loved how none of my meals tasted over salted, as can sometimes be when dining out.
My co-workers all enjoyed their meals, and we moved on to dessert. I had the s'mores platter, it was fun to make, the marshmallows must have been made in house, they were the best I've ever had.
Overall a great meal, and I would definitely return and recommend to anyone. I do eat out a lot as I travel often for work, and this was one of the nicest meals I've had in the Okanogan.

There are newer reviews for Local Lounge • Grille

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am surprised by the negative reviews, I live in Napa Valley where we have a number of highly rated restaurants, Locals Grille could readily compete with them. My roasted lamb was cooked perfectly and complemented with braised fennel and a uniquely prepared eggplant puree. My mother loved her ribs, which were falling off the bone tender. My sister thought her hamburger was outstanding and loved her Caesar salad which was crisp, presented in a whole leaf "stack" with a great dressing. The staff was courteous and accommodating. We dined on a chilly winter so we were unable to enjoy the waterfront view, but we could appreciate how beautiful it would be on a summer evening. And, for next best we were seated next to a fireplace. All together I would recommend this restaurant to any visitor to the Okanagan.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We are local and have dined here numerous times over the years, but hearing there is a new chef, we decided to see what the new menu is all about. We were the first to arrive at opening this evening and did not find the staff friendly, just polite. No small talk or conversation as we were seated or by the waiter taking our order.

The caesar salad was ordered as a starter and I must say this was the first of a few disappointments to come. A piece of bacon/pancetta was so dry and hard, I'm glad I didn't bite firmly I could have chipped a tooth and the croutons were tiny and flavourless. I ordered a glass of McWatters Chardonnay which was lovely, but I'll get to that at the end. I really do dislike to send back my selections to the kitchen because I feel it should be done correctly the first time, but the butternut tortellini pasta was so underdone, it was dry and tough. The waiter did return it to the kitchen politely enough, but it came back just the slightest better, saying the chef stood over it personally. Six tortellinis for $22 which were still underdone...too disappointed to send it back again.

The bill comes, and I notice that I've been charged $12 for each glass of wine (I had another waiting for my pasta to come back). I asked to see the wine menu again as I thought there had been a mistake because I'm sure I saw $7 a glass. The lighting must be improved or the type on the menu should be larger. I don't think I've ever seen a 3 oz. glass listed unless it was under the heading, "sampler," or "flights." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the industry standard is a 5-6 oz. glass as a regular pour and should be listed properly.

Tourist season is over and it's us locals that are now supporting our neighbourhood restaurants. Sorry, we won't be back.

6  Thank okgirlatheart
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed in the Summerland Waterfront Resort Hotel next door and LOCAL, we were told, was the only eatery available in this post season.
We were more than pleasantly surprised. The next day we came again and had dinner in the lounge: equally perfect.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We used to be regulars but not anymore. Food and service have both gone way, way downhill. The lamb was tough, the peas might as well come from a can and the sauce didn't compliment...perhaps it was fortunate the portion was tiny? Still as expensive as before but is definitely not worth it now. Won't be back until things change.

4  Thank blchris_ca