“Pretty good food, nice Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local Lounge • Grille is a multifaceted ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style, in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends classic styles with seasonal Pacific Rim ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant
Frankfurt
“Pretty good food, nice Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Can recommend this nice Restaurant in Summerland. They use local Food and beverages, and I can highly recommend their wine list as well as the perfect spare ribs. Meat simply fell off the bones. Service is good and prices are reasonable.
The Restaurant is nicely located at the lakeside and the view is beautiful.

Visited September 2013

Banff, Canada
“Always a Highlight!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I spent our last evening in the Okanagan enjoying an unrushed meal and drinks at Local. We dined on duck, beef carpaccio, and tuna tartar (my favourite!). The duck was cooked perfectly and so flavourful accompanied with duck fat potatoes! The tartar was meaty and was served with a poached egg on top which gave it a real rich and creamy feel to it. We finished with some rich desserts while chatting with our friendly server. We then moved over to the lounge and enjoyed some craft beers for the remained of the evening.
We truly enjoy this restaurant and make a point of eating here when we are in the area. This is always a highlight for us....thanks Local!

3 Thank hnphil
Edmonton, AB
“A Really Nice Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just a quick review to say how much the family and I enjoyed our dinner at the Local Lounge in Summerland, BC. I really enjoyed the steak, but the BC Wine list was very nice too. The menu has some unique things on it and the quality was very good. Not cheap however.
We would go back and I recommend you try it...if the weather is nice you should sit on the patio overlooking the lake.

1 Thank Spicole
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious foods in a delightful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went here for dinner on a rainy night, so we didn't get a chance to sit outside on the balcony and enjoy the view. None-the-less, the interior is very cosy and intimate. The wine list is extensive - plenty of opportunity to try put some of the local wines and local beer and cider is also available. The menu isn't huge, but has options for every appetite and palate. Our server was helpful and friendly and the food arrived quickly. We enjoyed our meal there and would recommend it to others, maybe for a special night out.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CaroleD37
Edmonton, Canada
“Limited context review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I struggled with the notion of reviewing this place, but thought it might be helpful to do so with the caveat that we didn't try much.

We came by late in the evening and decided to eat light. We were pleasantly greeted and shown our table. We already knew from perusing the online menu we wanted the pork belly...one of our favourite menu items. It came in good time as a battered concoction with a teaspoon or two of quinoa and a lemon gelee that could peel paint from wood..it would have been handy for our server to describe the various components on our plate. The room was quite empty so she had the time.

The pork belly tasted mostly of the the thick breading which was a shame as the pork belly seems to have had the fat mostly rendered out leaving a tiny chunk of meat and whole lot of breading.

I tried the heirloom tomato salad which came with a lot of various tomatoes. I was surprised at the choice of plating - a raised board with no sides. Immediately a tomato rolled off...the first of the components to escape...there was a basic oil on the tomatoes but not salt. Essentially there was no flavour. There was a tiny bit of pesto on the sides which added some elements, but the tomatoes were undressed and largely flavourless. A bit of maldons would have picked the dish a bit. Part way through the oil and tomato juice was flowing off this ill considered platform. It was a bloody mess with oil coating the base of my wine glass.

Three other issues...I added shrimp for $9. What I got were three overlooked, bland shrimp. Ridiculous. Second, many of the smaller tomatoes still had a green crown on...compelling me to get my fingers oily taking them off. Finally, the basil was presented as a sprig, and a small one at that. Why not chiffonade the herb and sprinkle it on. Don't make me do it..the server said the kitchen had no time to prepare the basil....seriously? A $25 salad...with the shrimp, and you can't take three seconds to cut the herb? This is either a disorganized, disinterested or lazy kitchen.

My wife had the iceberg salad and it was okay.

After the mediocre, poorly conceived and executed simple salad and pork belly, I couldn't bring myself to chance the desserts.

At a lesser price, I may have complained less. I did raise my concerns with the server, who seemed not to be too concerned. She did agree the plating of the tomato salad was maybe not the best.

The resto is beautiful and well sited. The wine list is composed of all local wines and was excellently curated. The food that we had though, fell well short of expectations. I would not return especially given the steep price and resulting poor value

• 2 of 5 bubbles