“Gorgeous Lakefront Dining”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

A modern spin on food and location in the Okanagan. I love visiting this restaurant whether it is après snowshoe in the winter for a bowl of Curried squash soup and a hot beverage or a gorgeous iceberg lettuce salad with a fabulous glass of Okanagan wine. Speaking of which, they have a pretty great wine list offering many local features. Being from the Okanagan I have developed a love for wine. The experience of the glass it is served in can make all the difference in how it tastes especially. Get your wine tasting note book out people because they serve wine in Riedel Glass ware. That’s a pretty big deal to me. In fact, my husband and I travel so much now that we have our very own “wine Kit” that we take with us while staying in hotels. Many do not use these glasses so right away you will notice the quality here. You will also pay more for this experience however I think it is worth it! My husband always orders the burger and says it is one of the best he has ever had! On the down side we have found the sevice here on many occasions, busy or quiet, to be rather slow unfortunately. We have also encountered unfriendly servers here as well but it hasn’t stopped us from returning and this last visit we had an excellent server who was quite friendly. There is a fabulous patio with lots of seating. It is particularly great in the afternoon/evening as you will be in shade! Enjoy lakefront dining without the uncomfortable extreme heat.

4  Thank Jenniferkrezan
There are newer reviews for Local Lounge • Grille

Reviewed July 3, 2013

What a surprise. The first time I saw the Local Lounge I thought it was a lakeside pub. Wow was I pleasantly surprised when we went there for my Birthday. The menu was amazing! It's like a high end restaurant. So much variety and creativity. Kerry, our server was very knowledgable about the menu and the wines. The service was excellent. This is a real treat for a small town like Summerland. It's a big city restaurant in terms of the menu and the service but they managed to maintain that small town feel. It's a great place to be any day of the year.

2  Thank SallyCalgary
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here quite a few times. This experience was just as awesome as all the others.

4 of us started with/shared the smoked salmon with fresh salad, the tuna tartar, & the pork belly. They were all so different and delicious.
For my main I had the roast chicken breast. Would order this again in a heartbeat!
We ended our meals with the mason jar tirimasu & the deconstructed lemon marange pie. The entire meal was unreal.

The quality of food, the atmosphere, views & service were incredible.
I feel so lucky to have a restaurant like this in Summerland.

3  Thank Juliana k J
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Local Lounge doesn't look like too much from the parking lot, but is tastefully simple inside with a great view of Okanagan Lake. Outside seating as well as indoor. Don't fall off you chair when you see the prices, but do be prepared for a great meal. My husband was super pleased with his beefy burger with some unusual toppings giving it a taste treat flavour. I had an eggplant pasta that was extremely tasty and very filling. We also had a beer taste trio - 3 descent sized glasses of locally made beer.

1  Thank IslandWest
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had a great dinner on the patio. Thoroughly enjoyed the ricotta pasta with a Caesar salad and a glass of local Dirty Laundry Pinot. Great food and our waitress Genvievve was great fun.

3  Thank Loretta B