“Delicious”
Review of Local on Lakeshore

Local on Lakeshore
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Summerland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is located on the west shore of Okanagan Lake in Summerland, BC. Since 2009, Local has been serving both quality interpretations of classic dishes and cocktails. Local on Lakeshore features an adult oriented restaurant. Local on Lakeshore's dining room is considered one of the Okanagan’s premier adult oriented restaurants that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat metropolitan style. Our 65 seat restaurant atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. Featuring a large selection of local BC VQA wines, innovative and Classic Craft Cocktails and a wide selection of BC Craft Brewed Draught Beers. coupled with a menu that blends classic global styles with seasonal fresh ingredients, and a passionate team delivering exceptionally delicious cuisine.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went for dinner at the local for my Birthday.
There was only one other table in the restaurant, but it took a while for the waitress to get back to us. Otherwise, the service was good, the food was delicious, and the view and ambiance were great. (Bit pricey though.)

1  Thank rossco0367

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here while staying overnight in Summerland. The waiter was very professional and polite and the food was to-die-for! I ordered the chicken breast which was possibly one of the best meals I have ever eaten at a restaurant. We would definitely eat here again if we were in the area.

1  Thank Rochelle D
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Twelve golfers settled in for a dinner after hacking a local course to bits for 4 1/2 hr. I think because we were all over 60 but a bit boisterous they set us up in the upper lounge, a great location for a group. Our server "Kerry" was very friendly and efficient taking our drink orders first and then food. The food arrived promptly and was hot. Without exception, every meal was very good with ample servings. I think most of the noise came from the guys who had the soup of the day, the crab cakes and something with duck in it. I had the burger which was outstanding, one of the best I had in a while. A great experience, I highly recommend this reataurant

1  Thank Chuck D
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We dined as a couple and have mixed, but mostly positive, feelings.

Both of us were not impressed with the calamari, which was overly breaded and fried for too long. However the calamari was paired with smoky sausage and olive flavoured sauces that were unique and delicious.

I had the iceberg wedge which was great and I would highly recommend because of its uniqueness and strong flavours from the bacon and mushrooms! My partner had seafood pasta and said is was decent but not quite as interesting as he had hoped.

We are both fully positive about the service and the wine list-- which were both amazing! Note reservations are required.

1  Thank OceanMountain
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I had an amazing evening at Local Lounge. The service was first class and it was followed by amazing food an BC wine.

I had never had the Calamari at Local before. I think I will order it next time too. Very different.

They were very accomadating. I will be going back soon.

Thanks